Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70/G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI

I just noticed that the card reader isn't working in Catalina 10.15 or in 10.15.1. I don't know if it was working in Mojave or High Sierra but when I tried using it today I noticed it does not work. Is this not supported?

I just noticed that the card reader isn't working in Catalina 10.15 or in 10.15.1. I don't know if it was working in Mojave or High Sierra but when I tried using it today I noticed it does not work. Is this not supported?
Not supported

Successfully updated from 10.14.3 to 10.15.1
  1. Update Clover to 5098
  2. Put all the needed kexts in Other/
    (will add a list later, some are not the same installed by @the-braveknight 's script)
  3. Double check your clover drivers, new clover has a different folder structure
  4. Update macOS from System Preferences
That's it.
Hi @daigosx, would it be possible for you to share a ZIP file of your EFI folder please? I updated my Z-50-70 to 10.15.0, and didn't bother to update clover or the kexts folder. Now I can't boot up. Your EFI folder would help. Thanks in advance.

Successfully updated from 10.14.3 to 10.15.1
  1. Update Clover to 5098
  2. Put all the needed kexts in Other/
    (will add a list later, some are not the same installed by @the-braveknight 's script)
  3. Double check your clover drivers, new clover has a different folder structure
  4. Update macOS from System Preferences
That's it.

Hello. It is good to know that everything worked for you. Would it be possible to know which are your kexts and drivers?
Thanks

Hi @daigosx, would it be possible for you to share a ZIP file of your EFI folder please? I updated my Z-50-70 to 10.15.0, and didn't bother to update clover or the kexts folder. Now I can't boot up. Your EFI folder would help. Thanks in advance.
Hello. It is good to know that everything worked for you. Would it be possible to know which are your kexts and drivers?
Thanks
I edited the message and added kexts and drivers lists, please check it

I edited the message and added kexts and drivers lists, please check it

@daigosx I tried downloading the files (from your list) and placing them in the new folder structure of Clover, but I am still facing boot-loop errors. I guess there are SSDTs or other files that I don't have because it's a vicious circle - the computer won't boot because the EFI folder is messed up, and I can't install Clover or the other files because it won't boot up.

The best solution would be to physically copy your EFI folder, when it would at least boot the laptop up successfully, and then do the rest of the post-install steps. Would you mind sharing your actual EFI folder so that I can boot up my laptop successfully?

Hi guys. I'm totally new about hackintosh world. I want to try installing catalina on my PC that seems almost totally compatible. Please provide me some useful documentation and guide.
Also, i would obtain a dual boot with Windows installation. Now, windows is installed on SSD and stock SSHD is strongly integrated as desktop path for example. So my idea is to create a dual boot configuration Windows and Hackintosh with 2 partion for each SSD and SSHD and allocated ssd partion + sshd partion for each installation. Is it possible? Thanks.

Hi guys. I'm totally new about hackintosh world. I want to try installing catalina on my PC that seems almost totally compatible. Please provide me some useful documentation and guide.
Also, i would obtain a dual boot with Windows installation. Now, windows is installed on SSD and stock SSHD is strongly integrated as desktop path for example. So my idea is to create a dual boot configuration Windows and Hackintosh with 2 partion for each SSD and SSHD and allocated ssd partion + sshd partion for each installation. Is it possible? Thanks.
The guide in post #1 is pretty clear and easy.
Quick answer about partitions: yes, it possible.
Long answer:
  1. check your SSD partition scheme, it needs to be GUID (if it's MBR based you can change it from windows without losing data, google for a guide)
  2. install macOS on SSD
  3. make a partition on sshd and format it using exFat, you'll be able to access it rw from both macOS and Windows

Back