Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70/G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI

which changes?

Updated and moved all installed kexts from /Library/Extensions to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other to avoid potential problem in Catalina. I read that the system files were moved to a read only partition and I can't be bothered to r/w mount it everytime I install something. (not sure if I can link the post I followed, since my last post was deleted, but it was on hackintosh subreddit)

(Pretty much post-installation step, but I did it for smooth transition) I used the kexts by headkaze for BT.

Last edited:
I tried updating my Z50-70 from 10.14.6 to Catalina today, I got to the login window after installation but it got stuck in the initial setup where it asks you if you want to share your data with Apple, etc. That had happened to me before after an update, so I just shut it down and tried again, but now it remains in the black screen with the Apple logo, and if I boot in verbose mode it only shows a row of plus signs and stays like that. Any ideas?

I tried updating my Z50-70 from 10.14.6 to Catalina today, I got to the login window after installation but it got stuck in the initial setup where it asks you if you want to share your data with Apple, etc. That had happened to me before after an update, so I just shut it down and tried again, but now it remains in the black screen with the Apple logo, and if I boot in verbose mode it only shows a row of plus signs and stays like that. Any ideas?
That exact same thing happened to my desktop hackintosh. I feel like it's a clover issue because if you try to update clover in Catalina, it says this installer is not compatible with Catalina.

Hello. I've tried to install macOS Mojave on a G50-70 laptop. The installation went ok with few restarts, but it installed. I followed the guide linked in the first post, but I'm stuck at the post-installation part because the macOS won't boot. When booting from the drive it keeps rebooting when the loading bar reaches ~60-70% (tried with -x and debug=0x100 and this is a kernel panic). Also, keyboard seems that is not working. I will upload some screenshots/EFI folder/anything needed later, because I do not have the access to the laptop now. Any first idea that could cause this?
Thanks!

HW: Lenovo G50-70, i3 4030U, AMD R5 M230

Last edited:
I upgraded from Mojave to Catalina. Everything works on the Z50, but every 30-40 minutes it reboots on its own.
For what it's worth...I installed the supplemental Catalina update and it seems my issue is gone. I dare not update clover until the installer does not say it's incompatible with this OS (Catalina).

Hello. I've tried to install macOS Mojave on a G50-70 laptop. The installation went ok with few restarts, but it installed. I followed the guide linked in the first post, but I'm stuck at the post-installation part because the macOS won't boot. When booting from the drive it keeps rebooting when the loading bar reaches ~60-70% (tried with -x and debug=0x100 and this is a kernel panic). Also, keyboard seems that is not working. I will upload some screenshots/EFI folder/anything needed later, because I do not have the access to the laptop now. Any first idea that could cause this?
Thanks!

HW: Lenovo G50-70, i3 4030U, AMD R5 M230
I've used the -v option, but I could not read the output because it scrolled so fast. I could only read that there was a problem with the IntelAccelerator, something like this:
Code:
[IGPU] virtual IOService *IntelAccelerator::probe(IOService *, SInt32 *): Failed to map device ID: ...

I could not read the ID, but I guess that ID is the "ig-platform-id" from the config.plist. Anyway, I saw that the FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext was not in the kexts folder. The question is: do I really need this kext to boot or Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts are enough? Because I'm a bit confused about which kext I should use. Also, booting with the -x flag leads to a black/broken screen with a working mouse cursor.

I also successfully updated to Catalina from Mojave with the exception of Bluetooth which is not working anymore although wifi is (using Broadcom BCM94352Z), and that my recovery volume seems to be default boot volume (even when I change it in the config.plist)

Can anyone help?

I also successfully updated to Catalina from Mojave with the exception of Bluetooth which is not working anymore although wifi is (using Broadcom BCM94352Z), and that my recovery volume seems to be default boot volume (even when I change it in the config.plist)

Can anyone help?
replace your files with the ones attached

Attachments

• BrcmPatchRAM3-V2.3.0d3.zip
    9.2 MB · Views: 80
replace your files with the ones attached

I assume you mean in L/E as that's the only place I found these files. I replaced BrcmFirmwareRepo, BrcmNonPatchRAM2, and then deleted BrcmPatchRAM2 and replaced it with BrcmPatchRAM3. Is that correct? Because it didn't work...

EDIT: also tried leaving BrcmPatchRAM2 in without BrcmPatchRAM3, didn't work either
EDIT2: after some more research in other forums I also tried BrcmPatchRAM3 with the BrcmBluetoothInjector, but so far no luck
EDIT3: silly me didn't rebuild kext cache *facepalm* so after fixing permissions
Code:
sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
and rebuild kext cache
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
it now finally works! Thanks @Feartech

Last edited:
Hello @Feartech, can you help me a bit with this issue? So, After running the Developer tools './X50.sh --install-downloads' command I got this weird output in the terminal:
Code:
Installing iasl to /usr/local/bin
Installing patchmatic to /usr/local/bin
Installing MaciASL.app to /Applications
find: ./Kexts: No such file or directory
Installing Lilu.kext to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
Installing VirtualSMC.kext to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
Installing SMCBatteryManager.kext to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
Installing WhateverGreen.kext to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
Installing AirportBrcmFixup.kext to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
Installing VoodooPS2Controller.kext to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
Installing RealtekRTL8111.kext to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
Installing Lilu.kext to /Library/Extensions
Installing VirtualSMC.kext to /Library/Extensions
Installing SMCBatteryManager.kext to /Library/Extensions
Installing WhateverGreen.kext to /Library/Extensions
Installing AirportBrcmFixup.kext to /Library/Extensions
Installing AppleALC.kext to /Library/Extensions
Installing VoodooPS2Controller.kext to /Library/Extensions
Installing RealtekRTL8111.kext to /Library/Extensions
Installing BrcmPatchRAM2.kext to /Library/Extensions
Installing BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext to /Library/Extensions
Installing BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext to /Library/Extensions
Installing CodecCommander.kext to /Library/Extensions
Installing LiluHelper.kext to /Library/Extensions
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd1b9808840 [0x7fffa96a38e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/LiluHelper.kext/", ID = "com.apple.security.LiluHelper" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd1b9722cf0 [0x7fffa96a38e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/Lilu.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.Lilu" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd1b97d1c30 [0x7fffa96a38e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VirtualSMC.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.VirtualSMC" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd1b9726ac0 [0x7fffa96a38e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AirportBrcmFixup.kext/", ID = "as.lvs1974.AirportBrcmFixup" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd1b9726bb0 [0x7fffa96a38e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AppleALC.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.AppleALC" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd1b96803d0 [0x7fffa96a38e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/WhateverGreen.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.WhateverGreen" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd1b97279b0 [0x7fffa96a38e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/SMCBatteryManager.kext/", ID = "ru.usrsse2.SMCBatteryManager" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd1b97f2650 [0x7fffa96a38e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Mouse" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd1b9681570 [0x7fffa96a38e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd1b97ece90 [0x7fffa96a38e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd1b97ec150 [0x7fffa96a38e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd1b9755ff0 [0x7fffa96a38e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/RealtekRTL8111.kext/", ID = "com.insanelymac.RealtekRTL8111" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd1b6d0bd10 [0x7fffa96a38e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/CodecCommander.kext/", ID = "org.tw.CodecCommander" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd1b6d57f70 [0x7fffa96a38e0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleALC.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.AppleALC" }
KernelCache ID: F60856AA1FB9760EE20190B0CD8BCF96

And after running 'make install_g50' this was the output:
Code:
rm -f /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/*.aml

cp ./Build/SSDT-G50.aml /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

cp: /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched: No such file or directory

make: *** [install_g50] Error 1
What could be the problem here? I have also tried to mount the EFI partition but it didn't work. Should I just create the ACPI folder?

As the guide says, I lost audio after the reboot. The clover boot loader that I'm using does not have the 'boot without caches' option, so I could not follow the guide. How I can fix this?

HW: Lenovo G50-70, i3 4030U, HD4400.

Last edited:
Back