Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70/G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI

Why are you trying to use VirtualSMC.kext *and* FakeSMC.kext?

Thanks so much! I removed VirtualSMC.kext, and that fixed it! To be honest, I have no idea how the two of them got there. I must have said yes to some option that might have popped up, is all I can think of...

Hi, Yep its working everything on my lenovo g5070. My brodcom card is not compatible I know. And I don't want to use WiFi using BCM94352Z (DW1560). How to remove this kext from this setup?? My laptop take to much time for boot. SMCSM Bus driver not loading etc errors shows on my boot screen.

Hi, Yep its working everything on my lenovo g5070. My brodcom card is not compatible I know. And I don't want to use WiFi using BCM94352Z (DW1560). How to remove this kext from this setup?? My laptop take to much time for boot. SMCSM Bus driver not loading etc errors shows on my boot screen.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, please fix your profile as per FAQ. Before your next reply.

Attachments

• debug_27783.zip
    2 MB · Views: 67
No ioreg in your debug zip. Please check your files carefully before upload.
Attached the PR files. I'm not able to connect to 80MHz Wi-Fi on 5GHz 40MHz works fine. I'm using DW1830

Attachments

• debug_10049.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Attached the PR files. I'm not able to connect to 80MHz Wi-Fi on 5GHz 40MHz works fine. I'm using DW1860

Install recommended WiFi hardware as per post #1.

I don't know how you missed it. It is written quite clearly in the section marked "What you need".

Install recommended WiFi hardware as per post #1.

I don't know how you missed it. It is written quite clearly in the section marked "What you need".
It's the recommended card bro (DW1830). It was working before i updates to the patch repos.
I mean it still works but the 5GHz doesn't connect to 80MHz, 40MHz works.
One thing i remember that enabling 5GHz patch on Clover Configurator made it to connect to 80MHz networks, but now those patches aren't available.

Back