Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70/G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI

@the-braveknight Your script makes installation a breeze, in-fact it was useful for installation over other systems as well (of-course modifying for SSDT etc.). Kudos for implementing latest best practices (ALC, VirtualSMC etc.) with due credits for the respective developers.

But there's an issue & recommendation for the same,

Issue : Messes up the EFI partitions of other operating systems e.g EFI of Linux & Windows present in the different disks of the same computer. Files from the EFI partition are deleted. One should be prepared to loose the multi-boot when running the script.

Recommendation : FileVault2 support, since support for full disk encryption is stable; I would suggest you to include support for the same. Please note that the pre-boot volumes are hidden in the config.plist being used & hence the encrypted volumes will be hidden unless made visible in config.plist or by pressing F3.

Guys after updating to the latest repos, I'm not able to get 80MHz 5GHz signals on Wi-Fi. I'm stuck at 40MHz on 5GHz. I had 5ghz patches before on the last repos, but now in the latest repo it has been removed. I'm using DW1860.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

I ran the update. Upon rebooting, the laptop boots the MacOS Installer, and then (upon booting in verbose mode) gets stuck at the following error code:

superiodevice: [fatal] found unsupported chip! ITE sequence id=0xffff, winbond sequence id=0x8586

Error Reporting files attached as zip.

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_7120.JPG
    IMG_7120.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 134
I ran the update. Upon rebooting, the laptop boots the MacOS Installer, and then (upon booting in verbose mode) gets stuck at the following error code:

superiodevice: [fatal] found unsupported chip! ITE sequence id=0xffff, winbond sequence id=0x8586

Error Reporting files attached as zip.

You need to attach verbose boot photo and EFI/Clover. You did not attach either.

You need to attach verbose boot photo and EFI/Clover. You did not attach either.

EFI/Clover is in a zip file within the attached zip file. I have updated the original post with a photo of the verbose boot screen where it stops at the error.

EFI/Clover is in a zip file within the attached zip file.

Must have missed it...

I have updated the original post with a photo of the verbose boot screen where it stops at the error.

Your problems might be due to the fact that your config.plist is corrupt.
Note:
Code:
NUC6i7KYK:~ rehabman$ plutil -lint /Users/rehabman/Downloads/RehabMan/CLOVER/config.plist
/Users/rehabman/Downloads/RehabMan/CLOVER/config.plist: Value missing for key inside <dict> at line 308

Must have missed it...

Your problems might be due to the fact that your config.plist is corrupt.
Note:
Code:
NUC6i7KYK:~ rehabman$ plutil -lint /Users/rehabman/Downloads/RehabMan/CLOVER/config.plist
/Users/rehabman/Downloads/RehabMan/CLOVER/config.plist: Value missing for key inside <dict> at line 308

Thanks, I fixed the error in the config.plist file, but it still does not boot Mac OS Install. Still getting stuck at the same place.

Attachments

• debug_23410.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 70
Back