Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70/G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
@the-braveknight maybe you are aware of it but just wanted to say that the menu bar problem is fixed & not necessary on macOS Mojave.
On High Sierra, i have to use the patch as otherwise even after connecting headphones with mic, the mic will still show internal mic and not update to show Line-In until you open sound preferences pane.
While on macOS Mojave i had the opposite, after i disabled the menu bar fix patch, the issue is gone and as soon as i plug headphones, it updates correctly.

I have CX20751/2 codec and use your/rehabman patch as its 100% identical if i compare codec dump
So you’re saying that the patch is now causing other problems? Or is it just not necessary anymore?

Here you go. There are probably obsolete driver* folders
File size relative too large. Please use the tool linked from the FAQ to generate proper PR files.

File size relative too large. Please use the tool linked from the FAQ to generate proper PR files.
My bad, I added the whole EFI folder. Only EFI/CLOVER in the zip now

Attachments

• ProblemReporting.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 210
My bad, I added the whole EFI folder. Only EFI/CLOVER in the zip now
Looks OK to me. Although I have pushed a few updates to the repo so make sure to run all the scripts again. Also note that ATH9K*.kext no longer being installed and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext is now replaced with WhateverGreen.kext. Make sure to remove. Also install latest version of Clover and report back.

Looks OK to me. Although I have pushed a few updates to the repo so make sure to run all the scripts again. Also note that ATH9K*.kext no longer being installed and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext is now replaced with WhateverGreen.kext. Make sure to remove. Also install latest version of Clover and report back.
No audio at all. I had (disabled) volume icon in the status bar before this last updates, now it disappeared.

So you’re saying that the patch is now causing other problems? Or is it just not necessary anymore?
It doesn't cause any problem, it just does the opposite of what it was meant to do/fix.
As i understood, that Menu bar fix for CX20751/2 was to fix the issue where if you connected the headphones (that had mic), when you clicked at the menu bar Volume icon while holding Option where it shows this:
Menu Bar Volume.png

When you connected the headphones/headset that had microphones, the menu bar didn't update accordingly and showed up like the picture above, while it should show this:
Menu bar fix.png

That fix was basically just a GUI/Graphical issue that the menu wasn't updating, as soon as you entered on Sound Preferences.. it updated/updates automatically (pretty much like the early battery meter issue we had on early High Sierra Development stages where lets say when you booted battery was 50%, it kept staying like that until you clicked on it, "not updating on real time").

So this issue is about the same, even with the patch active, to be honest it's still there sometimes, also sometimes it updates by itself after some minutes, but on macOS Mojave that issue has been fixed, when i remove that patch, the menu bar updates in real time, while if i leave the patch active, it doesn't update correctly (patch breaks it on macOS Mojave - returns same behavior).

Hopefully you understand the issue, as my english may not be perfect i tried to describe as best as i could.

So from macOS Mojave, feel free to remove that menu bar fix KextPatch for CX20751/2.

No audio at all. I had (disabled) volume icon in the status bar before this last updates, now it disappeared.
Please run all the repo scripts again and report back with new PR files.

It doesn't cause any problem, it just does the opposite of what it was meant to do/fix.
As i understood, that Menu bar fix for CX20751/2 was to fix the issue where if you connected the headphones (that had mic), when you clicked at the menu bar Volume icon while holding Option where it shows this:
View attachment 343183
When you connected the headphones/headset that had microphones, the menu bar didn't update accordingly and showed up like the picture above, while it should show this:
View attachment 343185
That fix was basically just a GUI/Graphical issue that the menu wasn't updating, as soon as you entered on Sound Preferences.. it updated/updates automatically (pretty much like the early battery meter issue we had on early High Sierra Development stages where lets say when you booted battery was 50%, it kept staying like that until you clicked on it, "not updating on real time").

So this issue is about the same, even with the patch active, to be honest it's still there sometimes, also sometimes it updates by itself after some minutes, but on macOS Mojave that issue has been fixed, when i remove that patch, the menu bar updates in real time, while if i leave the patch active, it doesn't update correctly (patch breaks it on macOS Mojave - returns same behavior).

Hopefully you understand the issue, as my english may not be perfect i tried to describe as best as i could.

So from macOS Mojave, feel free to remove that menu bar fix KextPatch for CX20751/2.
The patch is meant to fix the issue where internal speakers sound level in the menu bar wouldn't update as you press the volume up & down keys. This issue is still not fixed in Mojave.

The patch is meant to fix the issue where internal speakers sound level in the menu bar wouldn't update as you press the volume up & down keys. This issue is still not fixed in Mojave.
Ok sorry for that,i didn't notice that issue, i will check if it is present on my laptop without the patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back