Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70/G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is It stable enough?
For now I don't care about audio but wifi and bluetooth are a must.
If they work in mojave I can upgrade and help with testing
It is somewhat stable at this moment. Wi-Fi & Bluetooth work well like they did in 10.13 unless you have an AR9565 card, because Apple removed support for Atheros cards in 10.14... I will probably remove support for that card too because it’s not stable anyway. I already switched the layout-id to 2 so the audio works well now.

I have a BCM, that's why I had to learn how remove the bios whitelist and wrote the guide :p
Yes... you should be all good to upgrade. :)

Thanks! Did the update, everything went fine, altough audio got lost again. I rerun the updates to the patch repositories and all is good now. Pretty smooth.

I updated to Mojave Beta and audio isn't working (rebooted without caches and rebuilt caches many times), also the fs is now apfs and it feels slower (Samsung 850 evo).
@the-braveknight I am available if you need to test new stuff
Audio should work fine if you used the latest repo files.
Can you post "Problem Reporting" files so I can check what's wrong?

@the-braveknight maybe you are aware of it but just wanted to say that the menu bar problem is fixed & not necessary on macOS Mojave.
On High Sierra, i have to use the patch as otherwise even after connecting headphones with mic, the mic will still show internal mic and not update to show Line-In until you open sound preferences pane.
While on macOS Mojave i had the opposite, after i disabled the menu bar fix patch, the issue is gone and as soon as i plug headphones, it updates correctly.

I have CX20751/2 codec and use your/rehabman patch as its 100% identical if i compare codec dump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back