Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70/G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much I can tell from there.

You should probably make sure you updated everything as per guide (eg. don't attempt to update ACPI content without updating config.plist or vice-versa).
Easy enough for you to verify.
I formatted the laptop and installed all again... Followed the guide step by step as always... But I have still this problem... I know you can't do anything but I'm lost... However I can boot without the acpi content without the issue of the fan and the shutdown... It is surely something related to the acpi content but I'm not able to understand what...

I formatted the laptop and installed all again... Followed the guide step by step as always... But I have still this problem... I know you can't do anything but I'm lost... However I can boot without the acpi content without the issue of the fan and the shutdown... It is surely something related to the acpi content but I'm not able to understand what...

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, you should check your BIOS options... make sure you have the latest BIOS flashed as well...

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, you should check your BIOS options... make sure you have the latest BIOS flashed as well...
I already said that I can not use gen_debug because the computer turns off before it finishes
I don't think it is a BIOS related problem because before I updated the guide I had no issue... I used Mac os in this computer for months...

I already said that I can not use gen_debug because the computer turns off before it finishes

No help possible if you can't provide PR files.
Up to you to determine how to collect them.

Hi guys again. Just want to ask quickly, as there is hanging one update for macOS 10.13.5 and AppStore is asking for update everyday. Is it safe to update, or are there any known issues for this laptop? Thanks.

Hi guys again. Just want to ask quickly, as there is hanging one update for macOS 10.13.5 and AppStore is asking for update everyday. Is it safe to update, or are there any known issues for this laptop? Thanks.

You will likely have no problem with 10.13.5, assuming your system is up-to-date with respect to the guide in post #1.

You will likely have no problem with 10.13.5, assuming your system is up-to-date with respect to the guide in post #1.
It is. Thank you very much.

Okay, update went fine. All is now updated to the latest macOS. Only the sound is broken, there is no input or output device in settings. Should I rerun commands in first post, or post here logs to determine problem?

Okay, update went fine. All is now updated to the latest macOS. Only the sound is broken, there is no input or output device in settings. Should I rerun commands in first post, or post here logs to determine problem?

As per guide...
Make sure you run the install scripts again, then boot without caches, rebuild cache, reboot...

Hi guys... I was using the guide since a while... Yesterday I tried to update the patches from github and then rebooting.. Now the system boots up but the fan starts to spin faster and faster and then the system auto-shutdown... At that point I tried to reinstall clover and macos again but when I'm able to boot the system without the z50.aml hotpatch with that the fan starts to spin noisily and then the system shut down in one minutes... I'm not able to produce the required files because the system is to fast to shut down.. I don't know what to do...
Been that before, but never happen again. I don't know what I do to fix it.
But, unscientific workaround, when the fan starts spinning up, try to sleep and wake. It works for me

I suspect the temperature CPU not correct, so it shutdown to prevent overheat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back