Contribute
Register

[Guide] LENOVO Z50-70 using Clover UEFI (10.12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I install kexts quite often... it is part of kext development... For reasons unknown, AppleHDA falls out of cache during some of these updates.

I haven't tried AppleALC.kext. It might patch from user-space, so might be more resilient. But, the way it is written seems kind of "heavy weight" since the data for all supported codecs is in wired kernel memory.

And we know exactly when they are happening... If the patching functionality was in install_downloads.sh, it is a simple matter of running the script and rebooting. And then you're good to go until the next update. A technique that survives an update is not that important unless normal use is 100% reliable.
Well if that's the case, I'll also use fully patched AppleHDA when I realize it's time. But since I am seeing many users reporting that the audio is broken, I might do it soon...

wheere can i download the El Capitan OS X

It is available from the Mac App Store (you will need a Mac or working hack). Note that it is only available if you previously downloaded it against your apple id.

still wait this thread progress, hope will include support for brother Lenovo Z40, on 10.12 Sierra.

MacOS Sierra installation went well and it worked for few days. Everything was perfect except the battery used to drain faster and just after booting the brightness automatically went to 0%. I could not increase the brightness. Well i installed Windows 10 for now. I cannot provide the ioreg file and other files present in problem reporting section. I just wanted to report it. It might be a major problem.

MacOS Sierra installation went well and it worked for few days. Everything was perfect except the battery used to drain faster and just after booting the brightness automatically went to 0%. I could not increase the brightness. Well i installed Windows 10 for now. I cannot provide the ioreg file and other files present in problem reporting section. I just wanted to report it. It might be a major problem.

It means you didn't follow the guide...

It means you didn't follow the guide...
I followed the guide and even after installation MacOS worked well and there was no brightness problem. I faced that 0% brightness problem after few days.

Hello Rebman,

Please find the Problem reporting files attached here and look into the issue

Sound

Sound is working fine but I cannot used the function Keys to changes the Volume, however the only possible way is to use the Slider at the Volume Icon at the top right on the screen

Battery

My Battery seems decreasing 1% every 5 mins is it normal can you check from the files attached

During Boot

I can see the Apple logo and loading progress, however during the progress the screen goes bit grabbled and then the login screen comes , what could be the issue here

Let me know the suitable recommendations

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    51.7 KB · Views: 82
  • ioreg.ioreg
    3.2 MB · Views: 117
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 109
  • Output From Scripts.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 100
I followed the guide and even after installation MacOS worked well and there was no brightness problem. I faced that 0% brightness problem after few days.

If you need help determining your mistake, read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back