Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Yoga C930-13IKB (4K/i7-8550u) 99% working, updated 7 Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be brilliant. Looks like it's only C940 so far, but I now have (slightly terrified at the thought of non-official BIOS flashing) hopes.

Unfortunately there is already a new reply on the thread saying that they won't be (or can't) fix via BIOS. I'm already talking to someone in a BIOS mod forum but after looking through the BIOS myself it looks like the microphone should theoretically be enabled by default. Looking into a fix for S3 if possible.

Thank you for your help.
I got this error using the CFG unlocking tool.
20210103_080433.jpg

What does this mean?
Is it done. Obviously i am doing something wrong.
OH, that's a pity, means this tool isn't suited for this laptop, could be, I haven't tested it. Can you run the windows tool?
Windows tool didnt do much.
Install the drivers run the tool and when i click the hard drive icon doesn't do anything.

Attachments

• 20210103_094806.jpg
    20210103_094806.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 102
I downloaded another version of H2ouve and this is as far as i got.
Not sure what to choose.

Attachments

• 20210103_121111.jpg
    20210103_121111.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 49
Got it!

Attachments

• 20210103_172722.jpg
    20210103_172722.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 62
Hi @navaira and friends

Do you have Efi set for OpenCore? I heard that you had succesfully converted Clover to Opencore and had run Big Sur :D. Kindly shares the EFI to the community ...Thanks in advanced.

Hey there,

So I've been working on one of these machines, and as a matter of fact I managed to successfully install macOS Big Sur on to one of them, most basic functions work being ports, camera, touch, graphics, sound and wireless (via OpenIntelWireless), but the one thing I've been struggling to do is get the display brightness to work.

I managed to make an OpenCore configuration that gets it to boot with the majority of things said above working, but the display however doesn't show up as a MacBook Pro display, more acting like its an external display and having all ways of changing the brightness disabled.

I don't know if its a problem with one of the SSDTs/DSDTs or something but I've also tried other things like brightness kexts to see if there's any change to no avail. (Let me know if you want the OC EFI folder to try)

Attachments

• KqiZmi.png
    KqiZmi.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 46
Hey there,

So I've been working on one of these machines, and as a matter of fact I managed to successfully install macOS Big Sur on to one of them, most basic functions work being ports, camera, touch, graphics, sound and wireless (via OpenIntelWireless), but the one thing I've been struggling to do is get the display brightness to work.

I managed to make an OpenCore configuration that gets it to boot with the majority of things said above working, but the display however doesn't show up as a MacBook Pro display, more acting like its an external display and having all ways of changing the brightness disabled.

I don't know if its a problem with one of the SSDTs/DSDTs or something but I've also tried other things like brightness kexts to see if there's any change to no avail. (Let me know if you want the OC EFI folder to try)
Could you send your OC configuration and your BIOS setup here? I still have issues trying to make my own patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back