Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Yoga C930-13IKB (4K/i7-8550u) 99% working, updated 7 Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ignoring the very minor sleep issue, has anyone successfully upgraded to Catalina yet?
yep,
pretty much a nightmare,

had to remove every ssdt and creat an EC one,
after first boot,
no wifi, no bluetooth, no sound, no graphic acceleration

no nothing....

Yeah, I don't think anyone has gotten the subwoofer to work.
Anyone know how to try the steps below from within osx?

Not terribly helpful but got the subwoofer working under linux with this (as root):
hda-verb /dev/snd/hwC0D0 0x14 SET_CONNECT_SEL 0x0

Just in case it helps someone else I managed to make a heap of progress with this under linux:

Hi !

I think I found something :

It's a hda-verb macos version where custom command can be launched with the .plist
I found it from that tutorial : https://www.dognmonkey.com/techs/how-to-fix-no-audio-and-mic-after-wake-on-mac-os-x.html
I'll be digging on this using your command :
"hda-verb /dev/snd/hwC0D0 0x14 SET_CONNECT_SEL 0x0"

----- EDIT -----

Just installed the kext "codec commander" and moved hda-verb in use/bin.
Now if I type your command it turns off the sound of the computer...

Regards,

Last edited:
Ok, I have made zero progress on getting the sound to work (which is really frustrating).

But I've fixed the lack of tap to click on the touchpad which was driving me nuts.

By following the instructions here: http://osxdaily.com/2014/01/31/turn-on-mac-touch-to-click-command-line/

Open a terminal window and enter the following and then reboot:

defaults write com.apple.AppleMultitouchTrackpad Clicking -bool true
sudo defaults write com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.trackpad Clicking -bool true
sudo defaults -currentHost write NSGlobalDomain com.apple.mouse.tapBehavior -int 1
sudo defaults write NSGlobalDomain com.apple.mouse.tapBehavior -int 1

I'm having issues with the DSDT patching... Do you have to install the Samsung hard drive BEFORE patching?

From memory my samsung patched fine back when it was connected via usb externally.

How much backup you guys are getting from full charge to full discharge ?

How much backup you guys are getting from full charge to full discharge ?

Are you referring to the battery? I only get about 3-4 hours battery life.

It not a huge deal to me as I will try to tinker with it a bit. I just got this laptop on a black friday deal, but I got the non 4k screen 12g ram and 256gb ssd.

For anyone else with this model, I was able to get it all working and was even able to use the included ssd (hfs256gd9tng-62a0a) also I still installed initially on an external drive and cloned it afterwards. Everything works beautifully (minus the speaker situation obviously) using ghostneo's repository which was much appreciated! Gave you a star on github, deserves many more.

Hi ! I don't know if this is usefull but I created a ithub repository with the install files and post install files with my kext extension folder :)

Much thanks to Ghostneo and Navaira!

I have everything working on 10.14.6 but sleep. I have tried using the guide here to no effect. If I shut the lid it does not sleep at all and if I choose sleep it will wake up with a black screen. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Just realised my bluetooth isn't working. Is it working for anyone else?
I replaced the card and never thought too much about it but needed to pair my headphones the other day and noticed bluetooth isn't working. I replaced the built in wifi card with that broadcom one and bluetooth works fine under linux/windows with it.

Just realised my bluetooth isn't working. Is it working for anyone else?
I replaced the card and never thought too much about it but needed to pair my headphones the other day and noticed bluetooth isn't working. I replaced the built in wifi card with that broadcom one and bluetooth works fine under linux/windows with it.
Yes I got it working on my Yoga C930 with a BCM94352Z I bought on ebay. It was automatically recognized in both OSX and Windows 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back