Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Yoga C930-13IKB (4K/i7-8550u) 99% working, updated 7 Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have followed the guide to the dot using the latest RehabMan clover on his bitbucket. using the 5 required kexts on his page with the intel 520 plist and no matter what I do I get the kextd stalled acpicpu error, that someone mentioned earlier in the thread. issue was apparently an outdated clover. however there isn't any newer RehabMan clovers that I can find and when I use a more recent clover I get an IOconsoleUsers:GIOScreenLockState 3 error.

my question is how do all of you have this working if the clover the guide suggested to use isn't up to date?

any help here would be greatly appreciated, I'm probably overlooking something stupid but I have been at this for about 12 hours lol

I do have a history with android development so I'm not a novice when it comes to this stuff and I am currently running a kvm install of Mojave as well, so im not asking to be spoon fed just having an issue. :/
use a later version of clover form the downloads section

I managed to find a hda-verb binary in the codeccommander.kext release on rehabman's site but the arguments seem a little bit different and I didn't make much progress.

Update... I wrote a bash script to dump all of the nid's in linux after I use hda_analyzer.py to get everything sounding nice
and then wrote another script to use the results from linux to try and set all the nid's to the same values in osx via CodecCommander's hda-verb but it's still not working. it is doing 'something' as I can turn the sound on and off somewhat reliably and get the sound working for the those boots where it boots up and has no sound in osx. My guess is either I'm not turning on the amps that are needed or I'm not setting the gain on the amps. Does anyone know someone I can discuss this with that has done this sort of thing before?

Any luck on getting full output on sound? I got AppleALC 1.3.9 working without trouble. The problem is max volume is pretty low, especially compared to windows. It'd be great if I could get the sub woofer working but right now I'd settle for a little more volume.

Every couple of years I go back and try to create a Hackintosh with the current laptop I have to entirely varying degrees of success. Right now, that is the Yoga C930. I'm not sure if my problem is that I don't have a Mac to set all this up from, but I keep running into memory errors such as "error allocating 0x1235 pages at alloc type 2" when trying to boot the USB to install. I vary between a could of different error messages like that and can specify them if needed. I am attaching my entire efi.zip in the hopes that someone can point me in the right direction. Like I said, I might just have to get my hands on a Mac to set this up and if that's the case, alright. I would appreciate any help you can provide. I have the i7/FHD configuration.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.9 MB · Views: 127
Hi, if I remember this correctly I ran into a memory error when i was not using all the flag required at the beginning : "slide=0 dart=0 nv_disable=1 -cdfon -igfxnohdmi -v".
I think that was the "slide=0".

Every couple of years I go back and try to create a Hackintosh with the current laptop I have to entirely varying degrees of success. Right now, that is the Yoga C930. I'm not sure if my problem is that I don't have a Mac to set all this up from, but I keep running into memory errors such as "error allocating 0x1235 pages at alloc type 2" when trying to boot the USB to install. I vary between a could of different error messages like that and can specify them if needed. I am attaching my entire efi.zip in the hopes that someone can point me in the right direction. Like I said, I might just have to get my hands on a Mac to set this up and if that's the case, alright. I would appreciate any help you can provide. I have the i7/FHD configuration.

Disable the Intel SGX in BIOS. That consumes a lot of memory and left insufficient memory to load the kernel.

Disable the Intel SGX in BIOS. That consumes a lot of memory and left insufficient memory to load the kernel.
THANK YOU! I missed that one flag. I'm at the installer now but I don't have a mouse and its not detecting the trackpad. Is that normal? I'm going to try to proceed without it. Ok it is not letting me delete the partitions on my externally mounted NVME drive. It sees them, but I can't delete them . . .It says "MediaKit reports not enough space on drive for requested operation."

Edit: I erased the disk using another PC and it will let me format as APFS now.
Edit x2: Now I cannot select the disk to install to without the mouse working.
Fixed with the following link: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7024975

Last edited:
Hi ! I don't know if this is usefull but I created a ithub repository with the install files and post install files with my kext extension folder :)

Coming from a guy who is trying to get this going from Windows, this is GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

Does anyone know if there is any progress with the subwoofer/s in the bottom of the laptop?

Edit: I am running into issues with sleep and the laptop not wanting to wake up. I am attaching my entire CLOVER folder if someone could help point me in the right direction. :)
Edit 2: For clarification purposes, I should note that my issue can be reproduced like OP's in the essence that on closing/opening the C930 a second time, it will wake. I guess I setup his edited patch incorrectly.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Ignoring the very minor sleep issue, has anyone successfully upgraded to Catalina yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back