Register

[Guide] Lenovo Yoga C930-13IKB (4K/i7-8550u) 99% working, updated 7 Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there.
i walked with u step by step and my c930 is 98% ready
my build is the FHD one not the UHD

I came across one annoying problem,
with every boot my sysytem tells me that I shut down my computer because of an error

do someone ever came upon something like this?
Do you get working S3 sleep?

Hi brother, could u point me out to where should Configure the remapping setting,
cause i got no ec signals from the f12+f11 at all,
I just couldn't manage to do so ...

I don't think I did anything special other than navaira's awesome instructions to make this work.
Fn+f1 and Fn+f2 are brightness down and up for me..

Correction ... this is working for me because I'm using karibiner-elements

Last edited:
FYI... I updated to the latest clover and then updated from osx 10.14.4 to 10.14.5 without any new issues.

FYI... I updated to the latest clover and then updated from osx 10.14.4 to 10.14.5 without any new issues.
Wow ! That actually works ! For your information, I am using latest version of Clover and 10.14.6!
But the speakers don't sound as deep as on Windows... Strange.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't think anyone has gotten the subwoofer to work.
Anyone know how to try the steps below from within osx?

Not terribly helpful but got the subwoofer working under linux with this (as root):
hda-verb /dev/snd/hwC0D0 0x14 SET_CONNECT_SEL 0x0

Just in case it helps someone else I managed to make a heap of progress with this under linux:

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to get in touch with @RehabMan so I can ask him for some help to work out how to get the subwoofer working?

I don't know if @RehabMan is still doing something because his repositories don't show update for a year.
From my google search hda-verb doesn't really exists on macos, it is included insulde the AudioHDA and need to be compiled.
Their seams to be process to make it work updating to the profiles.

I managed to find a hda-verb binary in the codeccommander.kext release on rehabman's site but the arguments seem a little bit different and I didn't make much progress.

Update... I wrote a bash script to dump all of the nid's in linux after I use hda_analyzer.py to get everything sounding nice
and then wrote another script to use the results from linux to try and set all the nid's to the same values in osx via CodecCommander's hda-verb but it's still not working. it is doing 'something' as I can turn the sound on and off somewhat reliably and get the sound working for the those boots where it boots up and has no sound in osx. My guess is either I'm not turning on the amps that are needed or I'm not setting the gain on the amps. Does anyone know someone I can discuss this with that has done this sort of thing before?

Last edited:
I have followed the guide to the dot using the latest RehabMan clover on his bitbucket. using the 5 required kexts on his page with the intel 520 plist and no matter what I do I get the kextd stalled acpicpu error, that someone mentioned earlier in the thread. issue was apparently an outdated clover. however there isn't any newer RehabMan clovers that I can find and when I use a more recent clover I get an IOconsoleUsers:GIOScreenLockState 3 error.

my question is how do all of you have this working if the clover the guide suggested to use isn't up to date?

any help here would be greatly appreciated, I'm probably overlooking something stupid but I have been at this for about 12 hours lol

I do have a history with android development so I'm not a novice when it comes to this stuff and I am currently running a kvm install of Mojave as well, so im not asking to be spoon fed just having an issue. :/

Can you reply with the directory listing of your /Library/Extensions/ and of your EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back