Register

[Guide] Lenovo Yoga C930-13IKB (4K/i7-8550u) 99% working, updated 7 Feb

Motherboard
Asus N46JV
CPU
Intel Core i7 4600 HQ
Graphics
GeForce GT750M
Sure. Bear in mind, though, that my setup is for three OSes (I removed Microsoft and Ubuntu folders), and you can't reuse my DSDT. APPLE > EXTENSIONS > firmware.scap is 15 MB – no clue why that is, but I'm not going to delete it to see what happens, even though (actual Apple) forums mention it might just be an unneeded security update. If you feel like experimenting, let me know the results!
Thanks a lot buddy..

Last edited:
Motherboard
P6t D2
CPU
i7 960
Graphics
9800GT
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Thanks a lot for your hard work.. Mine should be here in a couple weeks. Can't wait.

Motherboard
Lenovo C930-13 IKB-Clover
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD620, 3840 x 2160
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Not sure how you got around this, but I can't select the drive I want to install Mac OS on. My trackpad doesn't work in the installer and I can't plug in another mouse since there's only one Type A slot on the laptop...

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD620, 3840 x 2160
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Properties for AppleHDA/AppleALC (in the Arbitrary/Properties section):

Devices: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3)
Properties for this device:
layout-id 07000000
alc-layout-id 03000000
Hey there friend. First and foremost, thanks a lot for this post! I've gotten almost everything working.

I'm still messing with Sound, Touchpad, Backlit keyboard/mediakeys and Battery Status. Otherwise I've gotten everything else so far working, including iMessage!

If I could, could I get your assistance with Sound? I believe the rest I can likely fix, but I am really not understanding on what you mean to do with sound. Appreciate the guide so far!

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD620, 3840 x 2160
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
So I've gotten mostly everything work so far. The only three things I have left are the touch pad, touch screen and battery. Ny issue seems to be with my DSDT.dsl. It pulls back with several errors out of the gate, and I have no idea how to go about fixing them. Attach is my dsdt.dsl and my plist so hopefully someone can help me out here. I had some really weird boot issue, but that actually seems fixed now and I don't seem to get that boot issue.

Basically, the laptop would go to start up macOS, but almost IMMEDIATELY after it started, it'd restart and loop a few times. That doesn't happen anymore and it didn't throw up any kernel panics either.

In anycase, I'm hoping to get someone's help with my DSDT. I know how to patch it, but I have no idea how to go about fixing all the errors it's throwing at me.

Attachments

Motherboard
Asus Maximus Hero VIII
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
RX 570
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello @navaira,

I want to thank you first for your post, it helped me setup almost 90% my Ideapad 720s-15IKB. I got working almost everyting I needed(sleep, sound, video, battery, PM, usb etc).

I want to ask you if you tried HDMI over Type-C connection, I have a type-c dongle for HDMI, USB 3.0, LAN and I get no signal at all.
EDIT: I finally got that fixed by switching to smbios MacBookPro14,1(had 14,3 before for... sleep reasons)
EDIT2: with 14,1 sleep is broken with my device :cry:
My Nvidia GPU is disable from BIOS so it should not interfere. I've applied your type-c dsdt patch(adapted for my device) and hotplugging works fine.

Got it working fine.

For brightness hotkeys you can use this patch here: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/305030-guide-how-to-fix-brightness-hotkeys-in-dsdt/

My methods look like this for me (fn+f11/f12) and looking at your device I think it should work the same:

Code:
        Method (_Q1C, 0, NotSerialized)  // _Qxx: EC Query
        {
            Notify (KBD0, 0x0206)
            Notify (KBD0, 0x0286)
        }

Method (_Q1D, 0, NotSerialized)  // _Qxx: EC Query
        {
            Notify (KBD0, 0x0205)
            Notify (KBD0, 0x0285)
        }
Use KBD0 instead of PS2M in the patch (like above)

Last edited: