Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Lenovo Yoga 920

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aha! I didn't generate my DSDT. My understanding was that this is something that should be done but that it's not going to be vital for me to be able to boot into hackintosh. I'll give it a shot tomorrow, thank you for the help :)
correct, a DSDT is not needed to reach the installer, you will only need to extract, compile and amend if you need to fix something after you have installed macOS

but a lot of fixes can be done with either hotpatch and / config,plist renames etc

Hello,

So using the clover install from my USB allowed me to boot into macOS. How could I go about copying the exact EFI files from my usb to my clover location on the mac? I can't seem to wrap my head around a) Where I can find the EFI folder on my mac and b) how can I mount the EFI partition of my usb drive.

I've also went ahead and extracted the DSDT using the macOS method and got to the point where I should use MaciASL to save the extracted files as "ACPI Machine Language Binary". However, upon trying to save them I get compile errors. What should I do in regards to that?

I'll try extracting it from linux this time around to see if this yields me better results.

EDIT: One more thing I'd like to note is that I have a 1080p version of the laptop, does this affect anything in regard to EFI files?

Hello,

So using the clover install from my USB allowed me to boot into macOS. How could I go about copying the exact EFI files from my usb to my clover location on the mac? I can't seem to wrap my head around a) Where I can find the EFI folder on my mac and b) how can I mount the EFI partition of my usb drive.

I've also went ahead and extracted the DSDT using the macOS method and got to the point where I should use MaciASL to save the extracted files as "ACPI Machine Language Binary". However, upon trying to save them I get compile errors. What should I do in regards to that?

I'll try extracting it from linux this time around to see if this yields me better results.
use efimounter app from the downloads

mount the efi from the usb, copy the efi folder to the desktop

remove usb

use efimounter to mount the efi on the hard drive

copy efi folder from desktop to efi partition

Hello, i am newbie at Hackintosh, can you please share full EFI folder ?

Hello, i have done install with @qxuchn configuration, but my touchpad work didn't well, I click both left and right click but it's hit all into right click. how can I fix that ?

Any attempts with big sur? I feel it will be a great upgrade on the 920.

Any attempts with big sur? I feel it will be a great upgrade on the 920.

I'm working on it. I have the laptop booting with OpenCore and Big Sur 11.1.

Currently stuck on QE/CI. I started a thread for help getting this working.

Sent from Yoga 920 running Big Sur 11.1

I'm working on it. I have the laptop booting with OpenCore and Big Sur 11.1.

Currently stuck on QE/CI. I started a thread for help getting this working.

Sent from Yoga 920 running Big Sur 11.1
Hey I got this laptop back and wanted to remake it into hackintosh again. Do you think you could post your OC folder, or at least a config file, for what you have so far that I could use as a jumping off point?

Hey I got this laptop back and wanted to remake it into hackintosh again. Do you think you could post your OC folder, or at least a config file, for what you have so far that I could use as a jumping off point?

For sure. Please check out that link I provided. My second post has my latest, most successful EFI with OC so far.

I'm probably going to work on it some more later today. Let's keep each other updated if we make further progress.

(Again for reference)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back