Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Lenovo Yoga 920

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi , Someone has Catalina running? I am considering installing MacOs since Windows surpasses me, but I have read and I do not quite understand the process ... any guide for fools with Lenovo YOGA 920-13IKB ? Thanks
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Supplemental:-
  1. Trackpad works nicely precise
  2. Touchscreen is a hurdle for proper sleep/wake, deactivating it definitely solves the sleep issue.
  3. Please find attached deactivation aml-files for SHUB and TPD0 (sensor hub and the touchscreen). After installing them to "patched" sleep should be working.
  4. Still shame not being able to use the added value touchscreen with this excellent laptop... :(
Also it seems to be some kind of "deep sleep", since the power LED is blinking a few times and then remains off after maybe 10 seconds. Opening the lid wakes everything up. There is a crackle at activating sound.

Attachments

• TPD0.aml
    59 bytes · Views: 122
  • SSDT-SHUB.aml
    59 bytes · Views: 98
mine would only come on after opening Photo Booth. may work for you also

After some days and nights of tinkering I finally managed to get my 920 where I wanted to.

I was quite happy to find out the original Apple Wifi card will fit into this laptop using an adapter. Both can be found on Amazon. The bottom lid won't close perfectly but for me it's good enough. Maybe 1mm is not closing as it should. Luckilly the bottom is made of plastic and bends a bit. If there were another type of adapter not taking the Apple caard piggy-back it would have been easier. I guess it is not too difficult to craft your own adapter but heck, it works as is.

Anyways, all problems regarding wifi and bluetooth dissapeared that way.

Furthermore the touch screen and the sensor hub i2c devices need to be deactivated for having a working sleep/wake.

Enjoy, it's not perfect but it's good enough for me. Keep in mind there are no kexts managing non-Apple card. In case you're using a DW-1820 or anything else you will have to add the kexts needed to operate it. Also I think I forgot to deactive por limit patches...

Attachments

• EFI-YOGA920.zip
    23.7 MB · Views: 262
These settings work better for me.
For audio. Also keep in mind to have ResetHDA option set to true in Clover:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
    <string>Internal@0,31,3</string>
    <key>device-id</key>
    <data>cKEAAA==</data>
    <key>device_type</key>
    <string>Audio device</string>
    <key>hda-gfx</key>
    <string>onboard-1</string>
    <key>layout-id</key>
    <data>FQAAAA==</data>
    <key>model</key>
    <string>Sunrise Point-LP HD Audio</string>
</dict>
</plist>
For video, this works very good so far, no reboots at hotplug or other hickups:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>AAPL,GfxYTile</key>
    <data>AQAAAA==</data>
    <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
    <data>AgAmWQ==</data>
    <key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
    <string>Internal@0,2,0</string>
    <key>device-id</key>
    <data>FlkAAA==</data>
    <key>device_type</key>
    <string>VGA compatible controller</string>
    <key>enable-hdmi-dividers-fix</key>
    <data>AQAAAA==</data>
    <key>framebuffer-con0-alldata</key>
    <data>AAASAAIAAACYBAAAAQUSAAAIAADHAwAAAgQSAAAIAADHAwAA</data>
    <key>framebuffer-con0-enable</key>
    <data>AQAAAA==</data>
    <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
    <data>AQAAAA==</data>
    <key>framebuffer-unifiedmem</key>
    <data>AAAAgA==</data>
    <key>hda-gfx</key>
    <string>onboard-1</string>
    <key>model</key>
    <string>Intel HD Graphics 620</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Last edited:
The latest I2C version 2.3 solved the sleep/touchcreen issues on my machine. Sleep/wake utilizing close/open lid works!

So only the camera is giving me trouble. It just won't work in viber or whatsapp.

Last edited:
The latest I2C version 2.3 solved the sleep/touchcreen issues on my machine. Sleep/wake utilizing close/open lid works!
Did you use yoga 920? Could you please give me your EFI folder? Thanks!

You can find it two posts above. Just update the kext's to their latest versions (keep the VoodooPS2Controller though) and remove the TPD0 SSDT from patched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back