Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Yoga 3 14 [Broadwell, HD5500]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should i do that before or after step 4?

No idea what you mean by "step 4".

If you mean "fourth step" from post #1... does not matter.

@RehabMan yes, that is what i meant. thanks for your answer :) could you kindly help me here?
After applying fixes, i couldn't compile on fourth step from post #1:

"Generic fixes -> after this compile and fix the error by renaming _SB.PCI0.SAT0 to _SB.PCI0.SATA"

I attached a screenshot with the errors and my DSDT.dst with patches until this step. ( it isn't compiled, just copied all the code to a text file and attached here)

I used fn + f4 clover to generate this file and used refs.txt in this tutorial too and followed the steps very careful.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-20 at 13.18.27.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-20 at 13.18.27.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 362
  • DSDT.dsl
    526 KB · Views: 329
@RehabMan yes, that is what i meant. thanks for your answer :) could you kindly help me here?
After applying fixes, i couldn't compile on fourth step from post #1:

"Generic fixes -> after this compile and fix the error by renaming _SB.PCI0.SAT0 to _SB.PCI0.SATA"

I attached a screenshot with the errors and my DSDT.dst with patches until this step. ( it isn't compiled, just copied all the code to a text file and attached here)

I used fn + f4 clover to generate this file and used refs.txt in this tutorial too and followed the steps very careful.

Start over. Your DSDT is seriously corrupt.

eg.
Code:
    External (HK**, UnknownObj)    // Warning: Unknown object

This is not a valid ACPI identifier. Identifiers cannot have '*' character in them.

Hi @RehabMan, can you help me with an issue?
I'm trying to install Sierra 10.12.3 on my yoga 3 14 ( i7 5500, HD 5500), but after minStolenSize patching graphics are crashing
(see attachments). I can open about this Mac window and take a screenshot and there is Intel HD 5500 with 1536 Mb instead of 7Mb that was before, but graphics is totally unreadable.
I'm using config from here https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_HD5300_5500_6000.plist
Also I'm using this ig-platform-id (0x12345678) for first load, then sudo kextcache -i / and changing platform id back to the 0x16260002 (also tried 0x16260006)
If load without injecting Intel video or with dummy platform id everything is fine, but there is only 7Mb video memory and animations are lag.
Will be appreciate for any help)

UPD: Fixed by https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-resolve-boot-screen-garble.175799/

Attachments

• V_2AVYR-8Ok.jpg
    V_2AVYR-8Ok.jpg
    356.3 KB · Views: 308
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-20 at 4.59.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-20 at 4.59.17 AM.png
    81 KB · Views: 226
  • config.plist
    12.5 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Hi @RehabMan, can you help me with an issue?
I'm trying to install Sierra 10.12.3 on my yoga 3 14 ( i7 5500, HD 5500), but after minStolenSize patching graphics are crashing
(see attachments). I can open about this Mac window and take a screenshot and there is Intel HD 5500 with 1536 Mb instead of 7Mb that was before, but graphics is totally unreadable.
I'm using config from here https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_HD5300_5500_6000.plist
Also I'm using this ig-platform-id (0x12345678) for first load, then sudo kextcache -i / and changing platform id back to the 0x16260002 (also tried 0x16260006)
If load without injecting Intel video or with dummy platform id everything is fine, but there is only 7Mb video memory and animations are lag.
Will be appreciate for any help)

UPD: Fixed by https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-resolve-boot-screen-garble.175799/

Enable legacy boot/CSM in BIOS (even though you continue to boot UEFI).

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this thread is completely dead or not, so I thought I might give it a try.

I am trying to Hackintosh my Lenovo Yoga 3 14. I've successfully installed Mojave onto my laptop and fixed Wifi, sound, etc. I've extracted the DSDT and SSDT files as per the instructions (in separate folders, etc). I used the following command to extract these using iasl: iasl -fe refs.txt -d DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml. I can't get the DSDT to compile. I have used all of the patches from the list included.

Does anyone have a minimal patch guide/list? I would appreciate sleep mode and definitely need the battery status.

I also have another question; I am running Clover in Inject mode because that injects Lilu and WhateverGreen which stops the system from panicking halfway during the boot process (running with accelerated graphics). Is this the best way to do it? Should it be installed to /L/E? Or should I do something completely different.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Will

Hey guys,

still anyone using those old yoga 3 14?

I got one of those devices recently and thought it would be great to install Mojave or Catalina on it.
Anybody done this successfully? Sierra or High Sierra would also be okay I guess.
Another Question - would it be possible to take a complete EFI folder from a running system to install and could
s.o. provide one?

Cheers
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back