Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro El Capitan using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how did you get sound working? I took about a week off Hackintoshing after getting my DDTs and STDs done and now I'm working on installing the kexts.
AppleHDA_ALC283 instructions at the github link say "Go to this hackintosh guide" which is a link that says "go to this hackintosh guide" which is a link that says "go to this hackintosh guide" which is a link that says "go to this hackintosh guide" and then there's a link to....... GITHUB! What's that kext for, anyways?

McMacaber,
Thanks so much for your help with this. I used almost everything from your install stick, followed the directions again, reread a bunch of this thread, and I have a working install. Sort of.

I got my BIOS de-whitelisted with the help of a guy over at BIOS-mods. I bought a broadcom wifi BCM94352Z and installed it. It is working perfectly so far.

I have finished the installation process and am ready for post-install, but here's where I'm less sure of myself. I saw your list of kexts, and want to make sure I get it right.

Which kexts did you install? How did you make use of rehabman's U330/U430/Etc. instructions? The instructions were originally written years and years ago for El Capitan, and I am not sure what I'm to do. I am about to run his scripts according to instructions and see what happens. If it doesn't work out I can always reinstall and try again.

Thanks again, and please let me know if you can help me more with the post-install.

Update:

I used your list of kexts and compared them to what I had. Then I went out and found them and installed them.

Everything seems to work so far. Haven't tested the card reader yet. Graphics is VERY GLITCHY on certain programs such as Chrome. Chrome works but I have to turn off hardware accel. If I turn it off it looks like those monitors from The Matrix.

I'll keep looking.

Card reader is reading cards. Sound is quiet.

What's the DVMT supposed to be set to? The guide says 96, but in another thread there are people saying it should be set to 128. Can anyone shed light on this?

I was wondering if anyone had tried to get this working with macOS Catalina yet? When I boot the catalina installer with the same patches that I used for Mojave the laptop hangs. How can I find out what is the problem?

I tried to boot the installer like you did. I got the same result. Then I got really busy so that's where I left it. I know this doesn't help you solve your problem, but it should at least make you feel like you're not alone.

Search around here. Someone uploaded a clover folder.

I have same laptop. please, give me your clever image
I had to put Win10 back on once work got going again. I needed the full functionality of the tablet stuff. Anyways the backup files are on my mac back at work. I'll hunt around here and find the right one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back