Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro El Capitan using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, RehabMan thank you very much for putting so much useful information on this forum!! And cfb44 thank you for writing specific instructions for Yoga 2 Pro.

I really tried to read this thread as well the linked ones cover-to-cover and yet...

I was able to unlock "Advanced" menu in BIOS and adjust DVMT to 96MB. Got Clover to load from HDD with working keyboard, trackpad and battery indicator.

With that said I have to admit that even though I got pretty far with turning my laptop into a Hackintosh, a few of the main components don't work:
1) Display QHD+ QE/CI
2) WiFi (external)
3) Audio

1) I am quite sure that the issue is with config.plist file, because I seem to have loaded all of the right kexts and adjusted DSDT and SSDTs. When I replace the default file with config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist (without _HD46...), the system halts at IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

2) For WiFi I already found the same card that cfb44 mentioned in his earlier posts (ebay), so keeping my fingers crossed that I can get BIOS unlocked and install the new card, but for now, I was trying to use NullEthernet with USB Wifi adapter. The problem is that I don't even know how to test if it works as my home network is password protected and Sys>Prop>Networking doesn't show any option for that under Ethernet.

3) I guess that's related to #1 :-/

I would super appreciate it any guidance! Thank you!!

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

A bit of an update.
I bought another Yoga 2 Pro that had the 27 bios shipped.
I upgraded to 38 and ghex saved the value just like that.

So it seems there are motherboards out there that has disable this access no matter what you do.

I created the the USB boot drive with Pen Drive, UNetbootin, Rufus, Etcher
I can see the desktop for half a sec then it goes to a black screen. If I close the lid and press the power button, the same half a sec comes up and black again.

It seems Ubuntu booted but I just can't see it on 14.04

What exact steps did you guys do?
Is it a bios version problem?
USB 3.0 or 2.0 drive problem?

Update: 1
- I found an old USB 2.0 flash, Ubuntu 14.04.5 boots, ghex downloaded and I get
- "You have No Permissions to Edit the File"
- So I used the same method I made the 14.04.5 to create a 14.04 and as above. Black screen.
- I am trying to create the USB again with Etcher.
- Etcher doesn't work too
- Downloading 14.04.2 now
- Downgrade bios to https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/76cn38ww.exe and 14.04.5 still has No Permissions to Edit the File
- 14.04.2 doesn't have WIFI after boot
- Downloading 14.04.1 and .3 now, because WHY NOT, only been 10 hours
- 14.04.1 Black screen
- Chattr -i doesn't work, efivars mounted read-write doesn't work
- It does seems the new version cannot edit anymore.

I will try 14.04.3 if it doesn't work, then it's time to give up.

hi guys
I bought a Y2P today. I tried to unlock bios via ubuntu
but it showing dont have permission to save

please help me to fix this

hi guys
I bought a Y2P today. I tried to unlock bios via ubuntu
but it showing dont have permission to save

please help me to fix this

see post #252. should allow you to save your edit

This is an update to allow people to save the file /sys/firmware/efi/efivars/SCUShowHiddenPage8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c after making the modificationwith Ghex as described in the preinstallation notes.
before entering the ghex command. use " sudo" chattr -i /sys/firmware/efi/efivars/SCUShowHiddenPage8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c ". That will allow the modification to be saved.
im getting invalid argument error

I used a command in terminal similar to:

sudo chown -R username:group directory

group would be adm or users, and directory is the folder that contains the files you wish to change

After installing Clover to HDD, Clover cannot detect an installation if boot from HDD. If I boot from USB Clover, it will detect my installation.

How do you solve this please? I Google and this guide once again isn't as complete as necessary.

After installing Clover to HDD, Clover cannot detect an installation if boot from HDD. If I boot from USB Clover, it will detect my installation.

How do you solve this please? I Google and this guide once again isn't as complete as necessary.

You probably forgot HFSPlus.efi in drivers64UEFI.

You probably forgot HFSPlus.efi in drivers64UEFI.
Thanks, that was it. I see that you deleted my thread that actually improved on the original guide with more wordings for beginner. What's gone is gone and good luck to newbies.

Thanks, that was it. I see that you deleted my thread that actually improved on the original guide with more wordings for beginner. What's gone is gone and good luck to newbies.

You are mistaken. I didn't delete anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back