Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro El Capitan using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
did you create an Ubuntu USB flash drive? should just have to hit F12 at boot, and select your USB drive

did you create an Ubuntu USB flash drive? should just have to hit F12 at boot, and select your USB drive

I created the the USB boot drive with Pen Drive, UNetbootin, Rufus, Etcher
I can see the desktop for half a sec then it goes to a black screen. If I close the lid and press the power button, the same half a sec comes up and black again.

It seems Ubuntu booted but I just can't see it on 14.04

What exact steps did you guys do?
Is it a bios version problem?
USB 3.0 or 2.0 drive problem?

Update: 1
- I found an old USB 2.0 flash, Ubuntu 14.04.5 boots, ghex downloaded and I get
- "You have No Permissions to Edit the File"
- So I used the same method I made the 14.04.5 to create a 14.04 and as above. Black screen.
- I am trying to create the USB again with Etcher.
- Etcher doesn't work too
- Downloading 14.04.2 now
- Downgrade bios to https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/76cn38ww.exe and 14.04.5 still has No Permissions to Edit the File
- 14.04.2 doesn't have WIFI after boot
- Downloading 14.04.1 and .3 now, because WHY NOT, only been 10 hours
- 14.04.1 Black screen
- Chattr -i doesn't work, efivars mounted read-write doesn't work
- It does seems the new version cannot edit anymore.

I will try 14.04.3 if it doesn't work, then it's time to give up.

Last edited:
Hi !

I've made a fresh install of macOS 10.12.4 and managed to get backlight implementation with this guide : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Since 10.12.4, backlight implementation must be set up with this new procedure. It has worked fine for me, however there is still a problem :
- As it is explained in RehabMan's guide : "If you already have patched your DSDT (or SSDT) with a "Brightness" patch (PNLF), you must remove it!"
- So I've patched again my SSDT7, without the "Brightness Fix (Haswell/Broadwell)" mentioned here
- However, if you read the content of this patch in MaciASL : "This patch enables the brightness slider in SysPrefs->Displays and will also enable activation of sleep mode by closing the laptop lid."
- Indeed, closing the laptop lid does not trigger sleep mode anymore. It will only turn off the screen but won't get to sleep mode, and I can't get it back on without rebooting.

Any idea on how to get backlight implementation and keeping the expected behavior of the lid at the same time ?

Hi !

I've made a fresh install of macOS 10.12.4 and managed to get backlight implementation with this guide : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Since 10.12.4, backlight implementation must be set up with this new procedure. It has worked fine for me, however there is still a problem :
- As it is explained in RehabMan's guide : "If you already have patched your DSDT (or SSDT) with a "Brightness" patch (PNLF), you must remove it!"
- So I've patched again my SSDT7, without the "Brightness Fix (Haswell/Broadwell)" mentioned here
- However, if you read the content of this patch in MaciASL : "This patch enables the brightness slider in SysPrefs->Displays and will also enable activation of sleep mode by closing the laptop lid."
- Indeed, closing the laptop lid does not trigger sleep mode anymore. It will only turn off the screen but won't get to sleep mode, and I can't get it back on without rebooting.

Any idea on how to get backlight implementation and keeping the expected behavior of the lid at the same time ?

LID triggered sleep is enabled by SSDT-PNLF.aml.
Keep in mind that assertions must clear (check with 'pmset -g assertions').
Also keep in mind 15-20 sec delay for any sleep, as per Apple design.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

LID triggered sleep is enabled by SSDT-PNLF.aml.
Keep in mind that assertions must clear (check with 'pmset -g assertions').
Also keep in mind 15-20 sec delay for any sleep, as per Apple design.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Here's the output of 'pmset -g assertions' :
2017-04-03 11:54:41 +0200
Assertion status system-wide:
BackgroundTask 0
ApplePushServiceTask 0
UserIsActive 1
PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0
PreventSystemSleep 0
ExternalMedia 0
PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 0
NetworkClientActive 0
Listed by owning process:
pid 99(hidd): [0x000000170009803e] 00:13:03 UserIsActive named: "com.apple.iohideventsystem.queue.tickle.4294967940.3"
Timeout will fire in 296 secs Action=TimeoutActionRelease
Kernel Assertions: 0x4=USB
id=500 level=255 0x4=USB mod=01/01/1970 01:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1d100000 owner=IOUSBHostDevice
Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler

- Even after 20 seconds, closing the lid does not trigger sleep mode, it only turns the screen off, with no way of turning it back on when I reopen the lid
- 'Apple menu -> Sleep' works as expected, and the laptop automatically goes to sleep mode after 5 minutes of inactivity (set in System Settings)

Please find the requested files attached.
Thanks in advance !

Attachments

• Report.zip
    2 MB · Views: 81
Here's the output of 'pmset -g assertions' :
2017-04-03 11:54:41 +0200
Assertion status system-wide:
BackgroundTask 0
ApplePushServiceTask 0
UserIsActive 1
PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0
PreventSystemSleep 0
ExternalMedia 0
PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 0
NetworkClientActive 0
Listed by owning process:
pid 99(hidd): [0x000000170009803e] 00:13:03 UserIsActive named: "com.apple.iohideventsystem.queue.tickle.4294967940.3"
Timeout will fire in 296 secs Action=TimeoutActionRelease
Kernel Assertions: 0x4=USB
id=500 level=255 0x4=USB mod=01/01/1970 01:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1d100000 owner=IOUSBHostDevice
Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler

- Even after 20 seconds, closing the lid does not trigger sleep mode, it only turns the screen off, with no way of turning it back on when I reopen the lid
- 'Apple menu -> Sleep' works as expected, and the laptop automatically goes to sleep mode after 5 minutes of inactivity (set in System Settings)

Please find the requested files attached.
Thanks in advance !

You should check with ACPIDebug, whether the _LID method is being called and whether it is returning the expected values (read the ACPI spec, and ACPIDebug README).

You should check with ACPIDebug, whether the _LID method is being called and whether it is returning the expected values (read the ACPI spec, and ACPIDebug README).
Well, it seems a bit complicated but I might give it a look when I have some time.
Anyway, thank you for your help RehabMan !

First of all, RehabMan thank you very much for putting so much useful information on this forum!! And cfb44 thank you for writing specific instructions for Yoga 2 Pro.

I really tried to read this thread as well the linked ones cover-to-cover and yet...

I was able to unlock "Advanced" menu in BIOS and adjust DVMT to 96MB. Got Clover to load from HDD with working keyboard, trackpad and battery indicator.

With that said I have to admit that even though I got pretty far with turning my laptop into a Hackintosh, a few of the main components don't work:
1) Display QHD+ QE/CI
2) WiFi (external)
3) Audio

1) I am quite sure that the issue is with config.plist file, because I seem to have loaded all of the right kexts and adjusted DSDT and SSDTs. When I replace the default file with config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist (without _HD46...), the system halts at IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

2) For WiFi I already found the same card that cfb44 mentioned in his earlier posts (ebay), so keeping my fingers crossed that I can get BIOS unlocked and install the new card, but for now, I was trying to use NullEthernet with USB Wifi adapter. The problem is that I don't even know how to test if it works as my home network is password protected and Sys>Prop>Networking doesn't show any option for that under Ethernet.

3) I guess that's related to #1 :-/

I would super appreciate it any guidance! Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back