Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Yoga 2 13" High Sierra 10.13.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on what you see as boot targets within Clover.
If you see an option to boot the installer from the partition you started installing to, pick that one.
After many tries i finally booted macOS, thank you! I've fixed some things, but i have two problems (actually):

1) Still have garbled screen during and after boot, until PC wakes up from Sleep Mode (I actually force it holding Power Button). Even "Boot graphics glitch, 10.13 beta (based on denskop patch)" patch enabled doesn't work.
If i boot Clover with BIOS Setting "Legacy Boot Mode", i don't have this problem.

2) I'm using "config.plist 18.9KB" attached to this post which is pretty the same of yours, but i don't understand why it doesn't load at default "BGM" theme, which is in the settings, and exists. It does when loading from Clover Screen.

Maybe Clover doesn't load my config.plist? But i fixed "Lag shortly after boot" using this config.plist.

If i boot Clover with BIOS Setting "Legacy Boot Mode", i don't have this problem.

As per guide, legacy/CSM should be enabled:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

2) I'm using "config.plist 18.9KB" attached to this post which is pretty the same of yours, but i don't understand why it doesn't load at default "BGM" theme, which is in the settings, and exists. It does when loading from Clover Screen.

Maybe Clover doesn't load my config.plist? But i fixed "Lag shortly after boot" using this config.plist.

Any question regarding your setup and problems caused by it requires PR files.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

I just tried this guide with my Thinkpad Yoga 12 (i7-5600U/HD5500) and only changed the ig-platform-ids to the one fitting my HD5500 (0x01660006) but I getting stuck at Error loading kernel cache (0xe).
Until now I tried updating APFS.efi to the one from my Installer, and also every Version of AptioMemoryFix and OsxAptioFixDrv(-64/1,2,3) but nothing works.

When I followed the master guide first (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/) I had another problem with rebooting and the "End RandomSeed" Message.

I would love to have High Sierra running on my Thinkpad but I am out of ideas how I can fix this.

Hoping I can get some help here. I have the 20266 model which has the 4510U processor, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel 4400HD GPU and Intel 7260 WiFi. I used the latest Unibeast and Multibeast downloads available to install (or attempt to). I can boot to Clover and the installer just fine. It’s almost unreadable because it’s at 3200x1800 and the text is insanely small. However, I get through the first part of the install (I am doing Mojave because that’s all I can download from the App Store now). I formatted the Windows partition and made it APFS since Mojave requires it now. After I get through part one of the install, Clover shows a new “partition” called “Boot macOS Install Prebooter from Preboot. It isn’t called “Mojave” like the guide shows.

If I run that, it goes to step 2 in the install and completes. Then, I get another new “partition” listed in Clover called “Boot FileVault Preboot from Preboot and also the usual macOS recovery partition. If I run the first one, setup continues and when finished, boots into true macOS, but resolution can’t be lowered or scaled, no WiFi working, no native keyboard or trackpad working, etc. I should mention that the latter items didn’t work on any previous steps except within Clover, either. I had to connect a USB mouse and keyboard to get through the macOS install steps. Or use the touchscreen which was too difficult.

Once macOS was fully booted, I ran multibeast and rebooted, but the laptop still doesn’t see the normal macOS partition as bootable. Going back to USB booting in Clover, I still see a whole bunch of these individual partitions listed. If I launch the FileVault one again, macOS boots, but that is the only way I can get into it. All BIOS settings match what is listed in the guide.

I am wondering if this is because I left the Lenovo recovery partition and didn’t make it a single drive, one partition system with GUID. Can I leave this partition, or do I HAVE to ruin my ability to restore to factory defaults if I want to later? I’m not sure if you can restore that at a later time with a download from Lenovo. Also, what can I do to at least get the resolution scaled to like 1600x900 so the screen is readable, get the internal keyboard and trackpad working, get it to boot correctly (even though I though multibeast should have made it bootable) and get WiFi working? The guide doesn’t mention any of these issues and I’m a n00b to hackintoshing.

Mega thanks to anyone that can assist!!!

Hoping I can get some help here. I have the 20266 model which has the 4510U processor, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel 4400HD GPU and Intel 7260 WiFi. I used the latest Unibeast and Multibeast downloads available to install (or attempt to). I can boot to Clover and the installer just fine. It’s almost unreadable because it’s at 3200x1800 and the text is insanely small. However, I get through the first part of the install (I am doing Mojave because that’s all I can download from the App Store now). I formatted the Windows partition and made it APFS since Mojave requires it now. After I get through part one of the install, Clover shows a new “partition” called “Boot macOS Install Prebooter from Preboot. It isn’t called “Mojave” like the guide shows.

If I run that, it goes to step 2 in the install and completes. Then, I get another new “partition” listed in Clover called “Boot FileVault Preboot from Preboot and also the usual macOS recovery partition. If I run the first one, setup continues and when finished, boots into true macOS, but resolution can’t be lowered or scaled, no WiFi working, no native keyboard or trackpad working, etc. I should mention that the latter items didn’t work on any previous steps except within Clover, either. I had to connect a USB mouse and keyboard to get through the macOS install steps. Or use the touchscreen which was too difficult.

Once macOS was fully booted, I ran multibeast and rebooted, but the laptop still doesn’t see the normal macOS partition as bootable. Going back to USB booting in Clover, I still see a whole bunch of these individual partitions listed. If I launch the FileVault one again, macOS boots, but that is the only way I can get into it. All BIOS settings match what is listed in the guide.

I am wondering if this is because I left the Lenovo recovery partition and didn’t make it a single drive, one partition system with GUID. Can I leave this partition, or do I HAVE to ruin my ability to restore to factory defaults if I want to later? I’m not sure if you can restore that at a later time with a download from Lenovo. Also, what can I do to at least get the resolution scaled to like 1600x900 so the screen is readable, get the internal keyboard and trackpad working, get it to boot correctly (even though I though multibeast should have made it bootable) and get WiFi working? The guide doesn’t mention any of these issues and I’m a n00b to hackintoshing.

Mega thanks to anyone that can assist!!!

For Haswell 4k, must change DVMT-prealloc and patch the framebuffer to match.

I'm trying my hardest to understand this stuff and get things working, but I'm having a really hard time. If I load your plist file in my USB drive EFI folder and install the kexts that are in your .zip file, this machine will start booting, get to about 75% on the progress bar with the apple logo and then just reboot itself.

I've checked the settings you mentioned, but then I'm not sure which of framebuffer sizes to use. It seems like the 128MB option would be the best and provide the best performance, but I'm still not sure. I've tried making sure that that option is no longer "disabled" in the plist, but it doesn't seem to matter anyway.

I'd like to get this thing to boot into clover using a resolution that is actually useable and have tried setting it to 1600x900, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I also tried turning off hiDPI and changing the scaling, but nothing seems to make a difference.

I'm trying my hardest to understand this stuff and get things working, but I'm having a really hard time. If I load your plist file in my USB drive EFI folder and install the kexts that are in your .zip file, this machine will start booting, get to about 75% on the progress bar with the apple logo and then just reboot itself.

I've checked the settings you mentioned, but then I'm not sure which of framebuffer sizes to use. It seems like the 128MB option would be the best and provide the best performance, but I'm still not sure. I've tried making sure that that option is no longer "disabled" in the plist, but it doesn't seem to matter anyway.

I'd like to get this thing to boot into clover using a resolution that is actually useable and have tried setting it to 1600x900, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I also tried turning off hiDPI and changing the scaling, but nothing seems to make a difference.

First, you need to fix your profile as per FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Then you must set DVMT-prealloc to 128mb. See post #1 for details.

Then you must patch the framebuffer for 128mb using WhateverGreen properties. Look at the Y50 repo for config_UHD.plist. You will find the DVMT related patches in config.plist/Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0).

Do I need to do these to the EFI partition of the USB stick where I have the Mojave installer, etc.? Or do I need to do this to the the EFI partition of the SSD drive of the laptop? I am still booting off of the USB stick at this point. I ran multibeast after having finished the Mojave install, but it didn't seem to make the internal SSD bootable using Clover. If I remove the USB stick and try booting, the Lenovo repair process begins instead.

Do I need to do these to the EFI partition of the USB stick where I have the Mojave installer, etc.?

Typically no.
That EFI/Clover is your recovery setup... to be used when you make mistakes on your main EFI/Clover.
For your hardware, it would typically be configured to use an invalid ig-platform-id so you can boot into your system in the case of a mistake and fix your main EFI/Clover.

Or do I need to do this to the the EFI partition of the SSD drive of the laptop? I am still booting off of the USB stick at this point. I ran multibeast after having finished the Mojave install, but it didn't seem to make the internal SSD bootable using Clover. If I remove the USB stick and try booting, the Lenovo repair process begins instead.

Multibeast is not typically used on laptops.
See guide in post #1 and main Clover laptop guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back