Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y580 - Sierra (10.12) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, First: Thank you so much for this tutorial and resources!
I want to share my experience with the installation of Sierra in my Lenovo Y580:
Everything works fine, except if I update from App Store, then system doesn't boot at all, and the solution is to reinstall everything from zero. Is it normal or Im doing something wrong?

Thank you!

I want to share my experience with the installation of Sierra in my Lenovo Y580:
Everything works fine, except if I update from App Store, then system doesn't boot at all, and the solution is to reinstall everything from zero. Is it normal or Im doing something wrong?

Thank you!

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hi Jessers123,

Thank you so much for this guide, you saved my life.

I did installed on my Y580, but after update OS to 10.12.6, my laptop keyboard stop working, now, I am using external USB keyboard, I did try change new voodoops2 kext, but it's still not working.

If you have anyways to fix, please help me.
Regard!

Thank you!
Hi, I did update completed to 10.12.6, but if you want update, you need copy all kext in S/L/E (all kext was installed by installer )to EFI/C/k/Other. Your USB maybe will not enough kext to boot after update to 10.12.6.

+ If you can boot to OS after update, first, re-install by installer and reboot again. But, with me, after update to 10.12.6, my laptop keyboard stop working. >"<

Regard!

Hi Jessers123,

Thank you so much for this guide, you saved my life.

I did installed on my Y580, but after update OS to 10.12.6, my laptop keyboard stop working, now, I am using external USB keyboard, I did try change new voodoops2 kext, but it's still not working.

If you have anyways to fix, please help me.
Regard!

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hi, i want to replace screen in my Y580. Now I have 1366x768 res screen and I want to replace it with FullHD one. Before changing screen I need to change few lines in Clover config.plist, right?
Can anyone tell me which one? (now i have everything working fine, my SMBIOS is MacBookPro9,2)

Hi, i want to replace screen in my Y580. Now I have 1366x768 res screen and I want to replace it with FullHD one. Before changing screen I need to change few lines in Clover config.plist, right?
Can anyone tell me which one? (now i have everything working fine, my SMBIOS is MacBookPro9,2)

See guide for 1366x768 vs. 1600x900 plists:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Hint: For the hardware in your profile, the only typical change is to inject ig-platform-id=0x01660004 instead of 0x01660003.

Thank you for creating such a theme for this laptop, I'm grateful to you! But I have a problem with the keyboard. It does not work at all. During the installation phase, in the middle of the installation, a fully installed system. But in the choice of systems it works. What could be the problem? Sorry for the bad english.

Thank you for creating such a theme for this laptop, I'm grateful to you! But I have a problem with the keyboard. It does not work at all. During the installation phase, in the middle of the installation, a fully installed system. But in the choice of systems it works. What could be the problem? Sorry for the bad english.

Hello. Thank you for this tutorial;) I have done everything, everything works perfectly but I have problem with sleep mode. It doesn't work, power button doesn't work also. When I try go to sleep mode , laptop reboots all the time. Can somebody explain how I can fix it? Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back