Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y580 - Sierra (10.12) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I have the same exact problem, it stucks on "container image url is file:/..." and it can stay there forever.

You said dadooo did not follow the guide but what is additional step after downloading EFI.zip from attached link, copying it to CLOVER EFI folder and changing one of the config file to match config.plist? I should build my own Clover?

You didn't provide your EFI/Clover, so no idea for you...
Other than to follow the guide.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Start with filling out your profile correctly as per guide. Thanks in advance.

You didn't provide your EFI/Clover, so no idea for you...
Other than to follow the guide.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Start with filling out your profile correctly as per guide. Thanks in advance.

Hello.
I have tighter problem.
I decided simply.

On the flash drive we've done on istrutsii to delete the directory / EIF / clover / kekstov / other kekstov Y580ARPT.kekst

Download will be quite long, but run.
But got one bug immediately after installing installs post was a mistake. I did reboot - set again without errors.

I apologize for the bad Google translator.)

Hello.
I have tighter problem.
I decided simply.

On the flash drive we've done on istrutsii to delete the directory / EIF / clover / kekstov / other kekstov Y580ARPT.kekst

Download will be quite long, but run.
But got one bug immediately after installing installs post was a mistake. I did reboot - set again without errors.

I apologize for the bad Google translator.)

No idea what you're doing. No idea what you're trying to communicate. Advice remains the same as before.

I have updated my System to 10.12.4.
Now I can't change the display brightness.
The brightnesslevel symbol will be displayed but it won't dim.

Any idea how i can fix this?

Thank you, Rehab.
I will try it in the next days.

Happy easter!

Hello everybody, I am interested to know if our Lenovo Y580 with Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB (shows my MacOS on Sierra) can run a 4K Display. Maybe someone has already tried it or can try it out? I would appreciate any help, currently I am using only a Full HD external Display with the Y580.

As I understand the brightness control is still unresolved issue on Lenovo Y580 with Sierra?
I've installed everything according to instruction, but brightness is not changing with Fn + Insert / Home. (It shows sun symbol, but brightness is not changing). Is there any solution for this?

RehabMan, thanks for link, but for me it seems to be very complicated... Is there any simpler way to fix this issue on Lenovo Y580? Maybe it can be build into installer which is on top of this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back