Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50/Y70 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed 2 different guides and 2 different Youtube vids.... SMH just not working for me. I have everything working with the exception of video (Very laggy). I even had my bios patched and lowered the DVT value to 128. My resolution is all screwed up.... HELP!!!! Can someone upload their final EFI folder so I can compare to mine. PLEASE! Any help is appreciated. By the way I'm running Sierra.

Lenovo Y50-70 UHD GeForce 860
Bios 1.14 Patched
Advanced Option Enabled
Sound Working
Facetime good (Cam Working)
Ethernet Working
USB working
Video Resolution is laggy as hell and slow
HDMI untested
WI-FI untested (Need to get Broadcom Chip)
Help please....

I followed 2 different guides and 2 different Youtube vids.... SMH just not working for me. I have everything working with the exception of video (Very laggy). I even had my bios patched and lowered the DVT value to 128. My resolution is all screwed up.... HELP!!!! Can someone upload their final EFI folder so I can compare to mine. PLEASE! Any help is appreciated. By the way I'm running Sierra.

Lenovo Y50-70 UHD GeForce 860
Bios 1.14 Patched
Advanced Option Enabled
Sound Working
Facetime good (Cam Working)
Ethernet Working
USB working
Video Resolution is laggy as hell and slow
HDMI untested
WI-FI untested (Need to get Broadcom Chip)
Help please....

Follow guide as written. It is linked from post #1.
If you have an issue, read guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Hello
I have problem with my laptop y50-70 i7-4720hq hd4600, gtx960m and full hd ips panel 1920x1080 - mac os x EL Capitan.
I installed the system according to the guide:

Https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-y50-y70-uhd-or-1080p-using-clover-uefi.165188/

Great thanks to RehabMan for this tutorial

My problem is as follows:
After loading the system the screen gets black and sometimes the screen flashes but most of the time it's black.
On the external HDMI monitor everything works fine,

I have a full HD IPS: Samsung LTN156HL07401

When I repladec lcd panel in my laptop for testing from y50-70 full hd without IPS: AUO Optronics B156HTN03.6 everything works fine.

The problem is that on my IPS panel is a black screen

I have an EDID for my Samsung IPS but unfortunately I can not implement it for Mac OS X

In the attachment I am sending EDID dumped on windows from my samsung ips panel and my config.plist files.

Will anyone help run the Samsung IPS?

Attachments

• EDID Samsung LTN156HL07401.txt
    392 bytes · Views: 223
  • config.plist
    15.6 KB · Views: 379
Last edited:
Hello
I have problem with my laptop y50-70 i7-4720hq hd4600, gtx960m and full hd ips panel 1920x1080 - mac os x EL Capitan.
I installed the system according to the guide:

Https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-y50-y70-uhd-or-1080p-using-clover-uefi.165188/

Great thanks to RehabMan for this tutorial

My problem is as follows:
After loading the system the screen gets black and sometimes the screen flashes but most of the time it's black.
On the external HDMI monitor everything works fine,

I have a full HD IPS: Samsung LTN156HL07401

When I repladec lcd panel in my laptop for testing from y50-70 full hd without IPS: AUO Optronics B156HTN03.6 everything works fine.

The problem is that on my IPS panel is a black screen

I have an EDID for my Samsung IPS but unfortunately I can not implement it for Mac OS X

In the attachment I am sending EDID dumped on windows from my samsung ips panel and my config.plist files.

Will anyone help run the Samsung IPS?

Read guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting" (use HDMI if necessary to collect the required files).

config.plist/Graphics/EDID/Inject=true
config.plist/Graphics/EDID/EDID=<EDID data>
(use a plist editor)

But first we should check whether Clover can detect your EDID (that's why I need ioreg... to extract Clover bootlog)

Thank you RehabMan for reply

When i now add EDID to config.plist by Clover configurator lcd panel work when i turn off in bios legacy support - work only in uefi mode (this is not problem for me)

Next problem: The laptop screen does not work after waking up from sleep and when i connect/dissconnect HDMI

Thank you RehabMan for reply

When i now add EDID to config.plist by Clover configurator lcd panel work when i turn off in bios legacy support - work only in uefi mode (this is not problem for me)

Next problem: The laptop screen does not work after waking up from sleep and when i connect/dissconnect HDMI

There is no way for me to know what you're actually doing without "Problem Reporting" files.
Read guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting".

When I boot the installer, I get a screen different. I don't get the OS X utilities first screen, but the installation of el capitan immediately. I'm used the createinstall method, but I don't get the classic screen with "a minute remaining" of phase 1 (extract and verify).. The ETA on screen is 17 min, instead of 10 min about. So, when it over, If I boot from the USB again, and I select install osx, the installation don't start...

Attachments

• 14954649057651888029921.jpg
    14954649057651888029921.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 188
When I boot the installer, I get a screen different. I don't get the OS X utilities first screen, but the installation of el capitan immediately. I'm used the createinstall method, but I don't get the classic screen with "a minute remaining" of phase 1 (extract and verify).. The ETA on screen is 17 min, instead of 10 min about. So, when it over, If I boot from the USB again, and I select install osx, the installation don't start...

Seems obvious to me...
If the second phase is already done, boot into the resulting install...

Seems obvious to me...
If the second phase is already done, boot into the resulting install...
But I should boot two times from install osx, or not? Instead, when I boot the first time, it install directly... May i get some error after?

But I should boot two times from install osx, or not? Instead, when I boot the first time, it install directly... May i get some error after?

On a truly fresh install, that is usually what happens.
If you have existing partitions that you're re-installing to, then maybe not.
And it can also depend on what you have in NVRAM.

Go with the flow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back