Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50/Y70 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume Mac, once installed doesn´t care about the partitioning of the HDD, right?

Correct. Although you can't do much in Disk Utility with an MBR disk.

Has anyone had any luck with a Y50 with an ALPS trackpad? I have been digging around for a modified VoodooPS2Controller for ALPS support but all of the the kexts that I've tried are for Dell notebooks (I think) and crash my hackintosh as I boot into El Capitan.

Have been stuck with basic mouse functions on the trackpad (no multitouch and low sensitivity). Preferences Pane for the Trackpad says "No Trackpad Found"

I have tried removing VoodooPS2TrackPad.kext from the package contents and setting "ACTSLIKETRACKPAD" to "YES" in the info.plist for VoodooPS2Mouse.kext, with no difference in the trackpad functionality.

(Note) I could potentially be installing the Kext's incorrectly - I use Kext Wizard to install and clear the kext cache before rebooting - but any other kext's that I have tried give me a boot error message midway through booting el capitan and I end up having to replace it with the original kext externally.

Processor: Intel i7 2.59 GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 860m

Thank you,

Has anyone had any luck with a Y50 with an ALPS trackpad? I have been digging around for a modified VoodooPS2Controller for ALPS support but all of the the kexts that I've tried are for Dell notebooks (I think) and crash my hackintosh as I boot into El Capitan.

I don't know if we've seen a Y50 with ALPS. Post ioreg (see "Problem Reporting", post #1).

Apologies if I did not export it properly.

All Device Manager information on Windows shows that is ALPS, I could be wrong, but could not find anything in system information pertaining to Synaptics or Elan. Drivers, Model type, etc...

Attachments

• MacBook Pro.ioreg
    2.1 MB · Views: 262
Apologies if I did not export it properly.

All Device Manager information on Windows shows that is ALPS, I could be wrong, but could not find anything in system information pertaining to Synaptics or Elan. Drivers, Model type, etc...

A google search for "AUI1629" shows it is likely ALPS...

There is the bpedman_merge branch in my own PS2 repo. You could try and build it... I suspect it won't work and will require changes. But if you have C++ experience, you can have at it...

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/tree/bpedman_merge

bummer.. I was looking into Radut's fork, but not sure if that is the correct Driver. but I will keep digging there. Thank you,

bummer.. I was looking into Radut's fork, but not sure if that is the correct Driver. but I will keep digging there. Thank you,

Radut's may be even newer than the bpedman_merge branch (I may be forked from it).

I have no ALPS hardware, so I'm not tracking it...

ok I will report back if I have any success in either versions, thanks again

Could configure the gtx 860m as if it were connected by thunderbolt
Or set up for the computer to think it is a gt750 or any compatible? sorry for my english and tanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back