Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50/Y70 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received a clover from
cd ~/Projects/y50.git
cp config_UHD.plist /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/config.plist
I don't understand. when I write to you you always say it's not that wrong. I do everything according to your instruction. I always do copy and paste.

The config.plist you're using appears to have been edited with Clover Configurator, even though the guide specifically states that Clover Configurator should not be used as it will damage the file.

The config.plist you're using appears to have been edited with Clover Configurator, even though the guide specifically states that Clover Configurator should not be used as it will damage the file.
I'm doing everything through xcode. the Vedas this is correct Yes?

I'm doing everything through xcode.

No ... you didn't. The file you provided was clearly edited with Clover Configurator at some point...

All the tell-tale signs are there.

Hey

I had to restore my whole laptop and lost my CLOVER files, could someone may upload its CLOVER folder so i can Install OSX? Still have 10.11 on stick but without clover files.. If not I have to download VM Image first and this will take about 10 hrs here .. damn internet >-<

Thanks rehabman, I managed to patch iokit and everything that was supposed to work does.
From my observations:
1. I installed Windows 10 first because Disk Utility I ran from pendrive saw my HDD as it had only the size of my EFI partition and I was not able to partition the drive from there.
2. I also made my osx installation usb, inside of VMWare OSX.
3. I want to install BCM94352 ,will it be plug and play or do I still need to patch something?
4. If anyone wishes to patch iokit on UHD Y50 running 10.11.3 I used these comands :

sudo perl -i.bak -pe 's|\xB8\x01\x00\x00\x00\xF6\xC1\x01\x0F\x85|\x33\xC0\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\xE9|sg' /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/Current/IOKit
sudo codesign -f -s - /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/Current/IOKit

3. I want to install BCM94352 ,will it be plug and play or do I still need to patch something?

If you followed the guide, all requirements for BCM94352 are met.

Got a question about this. How does one apply the MBR patch to install on an MBR HDD and non UEFI boot? •Got XP on this HDD, don´t •

Got a question about this. How does one apply the MBR patch to install on an MBR HDD and non UEFI boot? •Got XP on this HDD, don´t •

MBR patch is not supported here. Please read the rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/rules/

• This site does not condone piracy or the use of illegally acquired software. Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, t*****t, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED.

It is also not needed. You can convert to GPT to install OS X, then convert back to MBR (using gdisk in Linux).

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume Mac, once installed doesn´t care about the partitioning of the HDD, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back