Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50/Y70 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using ssdtPRgen.sh as described in the guide will result in a correct SSDT.aml.

I read the guide, and follow it and i tried to check every step. the 'ssdtPRGen.sh' file is there (/Users/UserName/ssdtPRGen.sh))
But the guide is says might be an SSDT file (~/Library/ssdtPRGen/SSDT.aml which will be copied to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched. But this file is not exist in my hard drive and i dont know why. :(
I have tried also to collect ACPI files via Linux as described another of your guide. I read the previous guide (Lenovo Y50 with Clover) and make .dsl files as described and copied these files into 'native_patchmatic'. I do it because it was empty after use the code in terminal.
I know its written in the previous (Lenovo Y50 with Clover) guide that do not combine that and this guide, i m just tried to figure out something before i write a post. :oops:
Please help me to figure out whats wrong here. And sorry, im really new in this. Thanks for your help and advice. :)

I read the guide, and follow it and i tried to check every step. the 'ssdtPRGen.sh' file is there (/Users/UserName/ssdtPRGen.sh))
But the guide is says might be an SSDT file (~/Library/ssdtPRGen/SSDT.aml which will be copied to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched. But this file is not exist in my hard drive and i dont know why. :(
I have tried also to collect ACPI files via Linux as described another of your guide. I read the previous guide (Lenovo Y50 with Clover) and make .dsl files as described and copied these files into 'native_patchmatic'. I do it because it was empty after use the code in terminal.
I know its written in the previous (Lenovo Y50 with Clover) guide that do not combine that and this guide, i m just tried to figure out something before i write a post. :oops:
Please help me to figure out whats wrong here. And sorry, im really new in this. Thanks for your help and advice. :)

Based on your description your ssdtPRGen.sh is also not in the right place. You aren't following the guide AGAIN
That is supposed to be in /Users/username/Projects/y50.git
~/Library is a hidden folder inside /Users/username.
Did you do a git pull? The most recent scripts will copy and mount. I know a previous script had a bug on that
Select finder--> Go --> ~/Library/ssdtPRGen/
That should take you to the folder, where you will find SSDT.aml

Rehabman, I think we should either stick to FakePCIXHCI OR USBXHCI_y50 kext in the install kext
The 2 work fine on their own, but together, they prevent usb network drives, such as phones from mounting the network component

Rehabman, I think we should either stick to FakePCIXHCI OR USBXHCI_y50 kext in the install kext
The 2 work fine on their own, but together, they prevent usb network drives, such as phones from mounting the network component

Post ioreg in both working and non-working scenarios.

Note: If it works without FakePCIID_XHCIMux, we can easily leave it out. I'm thinking for most laptops it is not necessary as we are not likely to run into port limits.

Post ioreg in both working and non-working scenarios.

Note: If it works without FakePCIID_XHCIMux, we can easily leave it out. I'm thinking for most laptops it is not necessary as we are not likely to run into port limits.

Interesting find:
With USBXHCI-only, HS01 and HS02 work, but HS09 does not
With both, none work
With FakePCIID_XHCIMux, both work

Seems FakePCIID_XHCIMux is the better option

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 83
Interesting find:
With USBXHCI-only, HS01 and HS02 work, but HS09 does not
With both, none work
With FakePCIID_XHCIMux, both work

Seems FakePCIID_XHCIMux is the better option

With XHCIMux all HSxx ports will be routed to EH01, usually on a port1 hub. Depending on what is happening, it can require a port injector for the hub itself.

I would need more information about what is on HS01,HS02,HS09 (without XHCIMUX) and how adding XHCIMux affects the result.

You should do some experimentations, so you know what port on XHC corresponds to the (hub) port on EH01. I can't tell from the ioreg files you provided because I don't know what you've got plugged in.

With XHCIMux all HSxx ports will be routed to EH01, usually on a port1 hub. Depending on what is happening, it can require a port injector for the hub itself.

I would need more information about what is on HS01,HS02,HS09 (without XHCIMUX) and how adding XHCIMux affects the result.

You should do some experimentations, so you know what port on XHC corresponds to the (hub) port on EH01. I can't tell from the ioreg files you provided because I don't know what you've got plugged in.

Are the conditions of the 6 different ioregs not enough to decipher?

Are the conditions of the 6 different ioregs not enough to decipher?

I don't understand why 6 different ioreg.

There are only two configurations...

with FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and without.

Based on your description your ssdtPRGen.sh is also not in the right place. You aren't following the guide AGAIN
That is supposed to be in /Users/username/Projects/y50.git
~/Library is a hidden folder inside /Users/username.
Did you do a git pull? The most recent scripts will copy and mount. I know a previous script had a bug on that
Select finder--> Go --> ~/Library/ssdtPRGen/
That should take you to the folder, where you will find SSDT.aml

Thank You SOOOO much Masterscarhead1!!!
Now its working almost everything! :D
I can boot from hdd succesfully.
Once again I would like to say thank you for RehabMan this guide which is get chance for everybody who wants OSX on own system. And thank you for you guys to help with your posts. :thumbup:

I did a fresh install and try to collect ACPI files with patchmatic, but unfortunately that one dsdt file (which extracted in unpacked folder) get error. I booted from USB, so I don't understand. I have stayed at 'via Linux method' and this way was everything okay without getting errors.

And finally I hope just two questions left.
- i use almost every time a wireless mouse, but sometimes I have to use trackpad. Is it possible to install synaptics trackpad kext (with multiple fingers gestures) without causing problem?

- in the login window after I booted OS X, it's laggy about half a minute. What cause this problem?
previous OS X installing there wasn't this kind of lag.

Thanks for the patience

I can not test internet by ethernet to continue....
when I connect an external monitor freezes,
you think this can work: -- wifi usb: Edimax AC1200 ( EW-7822UAC ) / edimax EW-7711MAC

I attached the new version of clover.

thanks a lot!!
Best Regards
Leo

Attachments

• cloverzip.zip
    1,002 KB · Views: 86
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back