Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50/Y70 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you booting the installer on USB?

I boot the boot entry with the USB stick since the internal Clover has Intel Injection.

By the Yosemite Disk Utility I'm refering to the one installed on the PC, not on the installer from the USB stick (it has one efi partition one yosemite install)

I boot the boot entry

No. Create a USB and boot the install_osx partition on the USB.

By the Yosemite Disk Utility I'm refering to the one installed on the PC, not on the installer from the USB stick (it has one efi partition one yosemite install)

Probably not valid to check with 10.10 Disk Utility when your problem is with 10.11.

No. Create a USB and boot the install_osx partition on the USB.

Probably not valid to check with 10.10 Disk Utility when your problem is with 10.11.

Ok so I'll create a USB stick with El Capitan. But I just want to upgrade not clean install. Is that ok with a usb installer ?

Ok so I'll create a USB stick with El Capitan. But I just want to upgrade not clean install. Is that ok with a usb installer ?

You can do either clean install or upgrade with the USB (just don't erase the target partition if you want to upgrade).

Make sure you have a backup.

You can do either clean install or upgrade with the USB (just don't erase the target partition if you want to upgrade).

Make sure you have a backup.

Ok, thanks for the info.

Not really needing a backup since it's only a clean Yosemite install with Xcode.

Ok, thanks for the info.

Not really needing a backup since it's only a clean Yosemite install with Xcode.

Doing an upgrade doesn't make much sense in that scenario.

Make sure you follow post #1 as written.

Doing an upgrade doesn't make much sense in that scenario.

Make sure you follow post #1 as written.

Do I need the RtVariables (SIP) flags ?

Looks normal. Although could be a USB problem (assuming you're booting installer on USB).

Try all USB ports, different USB sticks (both USB2 and USB3).

You may wish to add FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext also.

i have tried everything as You said, but unfortunately the result is same. :(

It is really weird, because i use same things in everything (laptop, flash drive, guide, etc) and with Yosemite was the process succesfully. May i left something because i try install El Captain?

i have tried everything as You said, but unfortunately the result is same. :(

It is really weird, because i use same things in everything (laptop, flash drive, guide, etc) and with Yosemite was the process succesfully. May i left something because i try install El Captain?

Post EFI/Clover folder. Boot verbose, show photo.

Also:
- check USB settings in BIOS
- try using the injector USBXHCI_y50.kext
- try rename EHCx->EH0x (see BRIX repo for patches in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches)

USB will cause problems for installation, and since everything is not setup during installation (DSDT patches, injector, etc.), additional tweaks may have to be made.

On my u430, I use a USB3 stick in (the only) USB3 port because that is the only port working without the full complement of patches.

My guess is most people here with success have done an upgrade from 10.10, and have not attempted to see what is needed to boot the installer from USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back