Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50/Y70 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, can anyone share el capitan hackintosh tutorial for y50 1080? sorry, i'm newbie here. this is my 1st post in this thread... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Read post #1.

Ok so I finally made it work on 10.10.5.

The md5 is still wrong but it worked perfectly like before so I don't really care.

I downloaded the El Capitan Update and I see that it creates something like a virtual drive that's not present in disk utility.

I am trying to boot into the El Capitan upgrade drive with the usb stick (since it has intel injection turned off).

I succesfully boot into it but after I select the Yosemite HD it says that it can't unmount the drive for repair.

I also tried with the SIP RtVariables and still no luck.

I can boot normally in Yosemite, the drive needs no repair.

So how can I upgrade to El Capitan ?

What do you mean by "El Capitan upgrade drive"?

What do you mean by "El Capitan upgrade drive"?

When you run the Install El Capitan app it restarts your pc. Before it restarts it creates a drive (or something that is seen in clover as a drive) so it can boot from it after the restart.

It looks fine. Boot verbose, show photo.
image.jpg

When you run the Install El Capitan app it restarts your pc. Before it restarts it creates a drive (or something that is seen in clover as a drive) so it can boot from it after the restart.

It is a boot entry for the installer. Keep in mind Clover will inject kexts from 10.10 (not 10.11) when booting the 10.11 installer from the 10.10 volume.

It is a boot entry for the installer. Keep in mind Clover will inject kexts from 10.10 (not 10.11) when booting the 10.11 installer from the 10.10 volume.

Well the drive boots fine and I can select to install El Capitan on my Yosemite HDD so there's no problem boothing the boot entry.

The problem is that after I press install the loading bar appears and then an error that the drive coulnd't be unmounted to be repaired.

Well the drive boots fine and I can select to install El Capitan on my Yosemite HDD so there's no problem boothing the boot entry.

The problem is that after I press install the loading bar appears and then an error that the drive coulnd't be unmounted to be repaired.

Why is it trying to repair the drive? Use Disk Utility from the OS X installer to find out more info.

Why is it trying to repair the drive? Use Disk Utility from the OS X installer to find out more info.

I'll see in the installer but in the Yosemite Disk Utility the drive "appears to be OK"

I'll see in the installer but in the Yosemite Disk Utility the drive "appears to be OK"

Are you booting the installer on USB?

If it wants to do a repair, you will not be able to do it by booting the installer that is on your 10.10 partition (it won't be able to unmount the volume that the installer itself is running from). You will have to use a USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back