Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50/Y70 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the feedback so far, I think I'll merge it into the master branch.

I have used the alternate audio patch. I was very happy for a while. But recently I've noticed that sometimes there are problems with the HDMI audio. Some strange noise is appearing. The only way to get rid of that is to reboot my OSX.

I haven't found the reason for that. Sometimes I boot up my system and the sound is bad from the beginning, but sometimes it is good at startup but after a while it gets bad.

Here are my files:
View attachment RehabMan.zip

With this problem audio is still better than it was before.

I have used the alternate audio patch. I was very happy for a while. But recently I've noticed that sometimes there are problems with the HDMI audio. Some strange noise is appearing. The only way to get rid of that is to reboot my OSX.

I haven't found the reason for that. Sometimes I boot up my system and the sound is bad from the beginning, but sometimes it is good at startup but after a while it gets bad.

Here are my files:
View attachment 151170

With this problem audio is still better than it was before.

From ioreg, everything is as I would expect...

From ioreg, everything is as I would expect...

I might have found a possible cause. I've always selected OSX in clover to be the default entry. But recently is somehow changed. So when I start up my laptop I open it up and selec OSX in clover. My laptop is connected to a display with hdmi cable. I alway close the lid while booting since I won't be using the laptop screen.

I have tested now and when I boot up with open lid and login then close it down sound remains great. But when I start the bootup with open lid then close it during boot the sound might go wrong.

Can it cause problems?

I might have found a possible cause. I've always selected OSX in clover to be the default entry. But recently is somehow changed. So when I start up my laptop I open it up and selec OSX in clover. My laptop is connected to a display with hdmi cable. I alway close the lid while booting since I won't be using the laptop screen.

I have tested now and when I boot up with open lid and login then close it down sound remains great. But when I start the bootup with open lid then close it during boot the sound might go wrong.

Can it cause problems?

I would avoid closing the lid during bootup.

Can it cause problems?

I've closed the lid after boot many times even while video is playing through HDMI, it works
Not sure what exactly could be affected during boot, but like Rehabman says, avoid it
I was having some HDMI audio issues when I first manually patched with the alternatively radio, but when Rehabman put it on repository, I did a clean injection with new DSDT, etc, and it was fine from then on

Hiya! Currently running Dell Inspiron 15R hackintosh but was looking to get more performance as I need one for work. The Y50 seems great and half the price of comparable MacPro. I'm tempted by the UHD model but so far I've seen mixed results from those.
What's the stability and performance on those? I don't mind patching the BIOS to adjust necessary settings and such, but just wondering if the end result will be sluggish and unreliable and is it better to screw the nice display and go with plain ol' FullHD model.

thanks
Tom

Hiya! Currently running Dell Inspiron 15R hackintosh but was looking to get more performance as I need one for work. The Y50 seems great and half the price of comparable MacPro. I'm tempted by the UHD model but so far I've seen mixed results from those.
What's the stability and performance on those? I don't mind patching the BIOS to adjust necessary settings and such, but just wondering if the end result will be sluggish and unreliable and is it better to screw the nice display and go with plain ol' FullHD model.

thanks
Tom

There isn't much to worry about it in terms of stability and performance compared the the FHD model
My only beef with the UHD was that windows doesn't handle the scaling well. Even at FHD, some apps don't scale that well either unfortunately.
The UHD is indeed a bit more work in terms of patching, but other than that, you should be okay

thanks
Tom

if you need OSX for work just buy macbook
a hackintosh is a hackintosh and limited at the end

the performance is ok but the Nvidia card is disabled and the HD4600 barley holding it (it works ok when there isnt many icons but if you animate a folder with lots of icons it wont be smooth)

hackintosh is fun for home use if you need real work done buy a mac

the performance is ok but the Nvidia card is disabled and the HD4600 barley holding it (it works ok when there isnt many icons but if you animate a folder with lots of icons it wont be smooth)

+1

So far I've been doing fine with my Hack for nearly a year doing coding, cannot be THAT bad ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back