Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50/Y70 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Works now. Dunno why it didn't work the first time. Maybe I rebuilt cache before I put back the vanilla AppleHDA
HDMI audio works good too!
Maybe you can update first post for everyone picky about audio

I'll update the first post with instructions for using the alternate.

And if more people test it and the general consensus is that it is better, I'll update the master branch with this audio solution.

And if more people test it and the general consensus is that it is better, I'll update the master branch with this audio solution.

I had to manually delete the old files that are updated though, because else the checkout command gives error telling to commit changes, then aborts

I had to manually delete the old files that are updated though, because else the checkout command gives error telling to commit changes, then aborts

If you made changes to your local files, you would have to commit or stash them in order to change branches. It is git being careful about you losing changes to your working copy.

In the case of following the guide in post #1, there would be no modified files in the working copy.

Works great for me. I'm even able to switch output devices while playing audio which was never possible before for me. Also no problem after Sleep. Built in is crisp and accurate, HDMI is perfect as always.

I also had to stash changes, however I don't remember changing AppleHDA_ALC283.kext/Contents/Info.plist:

Code:
PanzerSajts-MacBook-Pro:y50.git PanzerSajt$ git checkout alternate_audioerror: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by checkout:
    AppleHDA_ALC283.kext/Contents/Info.plist
Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can switch branches.
Aborting
PanzerSajts-MacBook-Pro:y50.git PanzerSajt$ git stash
Saved working directory and index state WIP on master: 466d5e5 fix dependencies
HEAD is now at 466d5e5 fix dependencies
PanzerSajts-MacBook-Pro:y50.git PanzerSajt$ git checkout alternate_audio
Branch alternate_audio set up to track remote branch alternate_audio from origin.
Switched to a new branch 'alternate_audio'

Works great for me. I'm even able to switch output devices while playing audio which was never possible before for me. Also no problem after Sleep. Built in is crisp and accurate, HDMI is perfect as always.

Switching output devices between speaker/headphone and HDMI? I assume...

I also had to stash changes, however I don't remember changing AppleHDA_ALC283.kext/Contents/Info.plist:

You probably regenerated AppleHDA_ALC283.kext at some point.

Switching output devices between speaker/headphone and HDMI? I assume...

Yes, every transition, and sometimes HDMI->Internal Internal->HDMI was very tricky and was not deterministic how it was working.

In the meantime I've created audio dump from linux, if it helps:
View attachment linux_codec_dump.zip

Yes, every transition, and sometimes HDMI->Internal Internal->HDMI was very tricky and was not deterministic how it was working.

In the meantime I've created audio dump from linux, if it helps:
View attachment 150762

^ Yah I had the same findings, that's why I took a leap of faith and found the solution

I would hold off the audio codec dump until El Capitan update tbh, makes more sense to do that since the updated AppleHDA will be in place in 2 weeks

This Audio patch works wonders for this machine.

It sounds on pars with the Dobly Home theatre optimizations in Windows.

The headphone jack is crystal clear as well.

Thank you for making this Laptop even better with OSX

Rehabman, does the Intel 4600HD support Apple's Metal?

Rehabman, does the Intel 4600HD support Apple's Metal?

Don't know. Probably. You should read about it on apple.com... maybe you can find the answer there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back