Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50/Y70 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Thing is I've installed with a copy of Yosemite thats dated back to 10.10.1.

Why?

Remove the unsupported card.

USB WiFi not recommended.

Thanks but I would like to do it in SW if possible. I would loose warranty if I open up my laptop.

Thanks but I would like to do it in SW if possible. I would loose warranty if I open up my laptop.

If there is a BIOS option to disable BT, use it.

Otherwise, with 10.11 it is easy to exclude a particular USB port with a custom port injector kext.

No easy way that I know of in 10.10, except maybe by removing the bluetooth kexts.

Hey amoo_manoo,

I am also experiencing similar problems with HDMI video crashing the system (except in safe mode). Thing is I've installed with a copy of Yosemite thats dated back to 10.10.1. I am in the brink of having to do a fresh install all over again. May I ask if your HDMI problem is solved after a fresh install?

Thanks!

So it seems that there are at least 3 people with this problem @_@

So it seems that there are at least 3 people with this problem @_@

I'll let you guys sort it out. All the information I have on it has been detailed.

So far, my suggestions have not been tried.

Let me know if there is a change required to the guide.

I'll let you guys sort it out. All the information I have on it has been detailed.

So far, my suggestions have not been tried.

Let me know if there is a change required to the guide.

Will do. I'll try and work it out when I get some extra time on my hands.
Could you point me in the direction as to how to patch the 0204? Should I just copy paste from your master config.plist?
Sorry if it sounds dumb, I program on windows, but mac is still a bit foreign to me
I hear El Capitan is easier to install. Is that true?

Will do. I'll try and work it out when I get some extra time on my hands.
Could you point me in the direction as to how to patch the 0204? Should I just copy paste from your master config.plist?

You can copy/paste but you need to enable the patch. Most of the patches are disabled in the Clover guide plist files.

Note: At the time this guide was written Yosemite was at 10.10.3 or 10.10.4, not sure which. At that point, HDMI was working, as tested by early users of the guide. If something has changed in 10.10.5 or BIOS is now different, YMMV (most were using BIOS v1.xx, not 2.xx, nor 3.xx).

Perhaps the folks who have it already working (using the guide) can contribute information about which BIOS version they are using and whether anything is changed in 10.10.5.

It is time for the owners of this laptop to start helping one another.

Sorry if it sounds dumb, I program on windows, but mac is still a bit foreign to me
I hear El Capitan is easier to install. Is that true?

10.11 same process as 10.10.

You can copy/paste but you need to enable the patch. Most of the patches are disabled in the Clover guide plist files.

Note: At the time this guide was written Yosemite was at 10.10.3 or 10.10.4, not sure which. At that point, HDMI was working, as tested by early users of the guide. If something has changed in 10.10.5 or BIOS is now different, YMMV (most were using BIOS v1.xx, not 2.xx, nor 3.xx).

Perhaps the folks who have it already working (using the guide) can contribute information about which BIOS version they are using and whether anything is changed in 10.10.5.

It is time for the owners of this laptop to start helping one another.

10.11 same process as 10.10.

I get the copy and pasting part, but how would I unlock it? I don't see <disabled> in the plist

I get the copy and pasting part, but how would I unlock it? I don't see <disabled> in the plist

The Name is set to 'disabled:AppleIntelFramebufferAzul' which causes it to be ineffective due to there not being a kext which matches that name.

Always edit plist files with a plist editor.

Stupidity, using back old USB stick created for previous installation 6 months ago, amongst other humanly incomprehensible reasons that amazes even myself :)

On the side note, I think I am facing the exact same issues as masterscarhead1. I'm on 10.10.5 (fresh install) with bios V3. Going to try the 0204 patch now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back