Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50/Y70 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

You did not follow the guide. You have a Disabler.kext installed which is disabling AppleHDA. Disabler is usually installed if you installed VoodooHDA.

The guide in post #1 does not call for Disabler nor VoodooHDA.

I actually followed the guide. I thought voodooHDA would work but it didn't do too. Do you think I can make any changes to the current situation or should I install it from scratch?

Post photo.

Here's what I'm seeing. In the picture you'll see the "Current" dropdown is grayed out. Something is preventing me from modifying the partition table on this drive. Triple and quadruple confirmed that secure boot is disabled.

It might be something really simple I'm missing but I can't seem to figure out what it is.

Btw, I'm using Clover 3202. Wondering if I should be using a newer version.

UPDATE: I partitioned the drive from command-line using diskutil instead. There might've been a UI bug with the disk utility app. Installing now...

Attachments

• IMG_0017.JPG
    IMG_0017.JPG
    561.5 KB · Views: 99

I actually followed the guide. I thought voodooHDA would work but it didn't do too. Do you think I can make any changes to the current situation or should I install it from scratch?

Remove the disabler kext you installed.

Serious props to you RehabMan! Got my UHD y50 running beautifully! Even imessage works which is something I could never accomplish with my other hackintosh builds. Truly amazing.

I haven't tested sleep yet but I'm sure any issues will get sorted out.

Wanted to note that I had to follow the instructions under "Known Issues" to get sound working. Also, don't be discouraged if your graphics are corrupted after the first boot from hdd. Following the procedure to fix sound seems to resolve video corruption too.

The only small problem I'm seeing now is occasional flickering when I scroll through a page in chrome but it's really no big deal.

RehabMan, if you take donations let me know where I should send it. I cannot thank you enough!

Wanted to note that I had to follow the instructions under "Known Issues" to get sound working.

Yes, as expected on a fresh install (and a few other scenarios).

It is a side effect of the injector kext technique used for patching AppleHDA.kext.

Also, don't be discouraged if your graphics are corrupted after the first boot from hdd. Following the procedure to fix sound seems to resolve video corruption too.

Similar reason. Need to get the kexts that need patching into cache before Clover can patch them.

The only small problem I'm seeing now is occasional flickering when I scroll through a page in chrome but it's really no big deal.

Probably not normal. Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Yes, as expected on a fresh install (and a few other scenarios).
Probably not normal. Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

It looks like it's just chrome that's flickering. I think the HD4600 just isn't rendering fast enough but it's not a high-end gpu so that's understandable.

What's baffling me currently is why my wifi is working out of the box. I did not install any kexts for the adapter yet it's working perfectly. Any idea why?

See screenshot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-10 at 7.09.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-10 at 7.09.37 PM.png
    374.5 KB · Views: 105

It looks like it's just chrome that's flickering. I think the HD4600 just isn't rendering fast enough but it's not a high-end gpu so that's understandable.

No other complaints regarding chrome in this thread...

At least post ioreg.

What's baffling me currently is why my wifi is working out of the box. I did not install any kexts for the adapter yet it's working perfectly. Any idea why?

See screenshot.

No mystery there.

All kexts needed for BCM94352 are downloaded by download.sh and installed by install_downloads.sh.

The guide is intended to be all inclusive for the supported hardware as noted in post #1.

I ran into an issue that those with the gtx 960m model will encounter. You will most likely have the 2.01 bios or greater if your y50 has this gpu. Unfortunately, the gtx 960m will not work at all in windows if you downgrade to the 1.14 bios or older in order to do the offset hack. Although bios versions 2.01 and greater are encrypted, the mods on bios-mods claim success in being able to unlock it. I'm currently awaiting a response to my request. Will write back with my results.

EDIT: So it worked but it took a few tries. 2.01 now unlocked with DVMT prealloc set to 128mb.

Word of caution: Once the bios is modded, do not attempt to make any major changes under the advanced video settings. There's a chance this can brick your notebook. So far it's running quite well.

hi

just updated to 10.10.5
everything seem to work fine include my 4k display (worked from the start, i didnt needed to run the iokit patch again this time)

here my system after the update

Attachments

• Yan’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    5.6 MB · Views: 76

hi

just updated to 10.10.5
everything seem to work fine include my 4k display (worked from the start, i didnt needed to run the iokit patch again this time)

here my system after the update

The IOKit framework must not be in the update... It would seem unlikely that Apple removed the limitation. You can check your md5 to see if it is still the same as it was after you last patched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back