Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50/Y70 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

FYI, my offset for the DMVT change was 0x18C

setup_var 0x18C 0x4

Whereas the HD5500 guide said to look under the Setup section, I found the settings in the SetupUtility section of the bios file.

Thanks. It corresponds with a previous report in this thread.

I've made a note in post #1.

I'm pretty sure I followed everything to a T but I can't seem to figure out why I am unable to partition the 256gb ssd drive using disk utility. The partition drop down is grated out and can't be clicked. Feel pretty stupid getting stuck at this point. Secure boot is disabled and I'm on bios v1.14. What could be the problem?

I'm pretty sure I followed everything to a T but I can't seem to figure out why I am unable to partition the 256gb ssd drive using disk utility. The partition drop down is grated out and can't be clicked.

Do you have the disk itself selected? You can only partition a disk.

Do you have the disk itself selected? You can only partition a disk.

Hehe I wish it was as simple as that ;) I have the disk selected and see several partition within that disk. It's just that the partition dropdown is grayed out. Could there be some kind of lock or security on the drive? I've done hackintosh installs dozens of times and this is the first time I've seen this.

Hehe I wish it was as simple as that ;) I have the disk selected and see several partition within that disk. It's just that the partition dropdown is grayed out. Could there be some kind of lock or security on the drive? I've done hackintosh installs dozens of times and this is the first time I've seen this.

Post photo.

Hey RehabMan,

Thanks for this fantastic guide. I have a small glitch here. I followed the steps written in "Known problems" section but still the audio is not working.

I have installed 10.10.4 following your guide.

Any thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

Hey RehabMan,

Thanks for this fantastic guide. I have a small glitch here. I followed the steps written in "Known problems" section but still the audio is not working.

I have installed 10.10.4 following your guide.

Any thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting"

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting"

My apologies I missed that step. Attaching DSDT/SSDT file, IOReg and EFI/CLOVER currently in use.

Thanks for your patience.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 223
  • IOReg.ioreg
    6.1 MB · Views: 235
  • RehabMan.zip
    28.8 KB · Views: 204

My apologies I missed that step. Attaching DSDT/SSDT file, IOReg and EFI/CLOVER currently in use.

Thanks for your patience.

You did not follow the guide. You have a Disabler.kext installed which is disabling AppleHDA. Disabler is usually installed if you installed VoodooHDA.

The guide in post #1 does not call for Disabler nor VoodooHDA.

I actually followed the guide. I thought voodooHDA would work but it didn't do too. Do you think I can make any changes to the current situation or should I install it from scratch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back