Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50/Y70 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Here you are.

You did not follow the guide. Refer to post #1 for proper ACPI patching, config.plist setup, etc.

If you prepare a USB according to post #1, you should be able to boot your system and then follow the rest of it for proper setup.

You did not follow the guide. Refer to post #1 for proper ACPI patching, config.plist setup, etc.

If you prepare a USB according to post #1, you should be able to boot your system and then follow the rest of it for proper setup.

Well I did follow a guide, but the older one ;) Do you want me to reinstall my current system with the new one? Will I lose all of my files?

Well I did follow a guide, but the older one ;) Do you want me to reinstall my current system with the new one? Will I lose all of my files?

Just do what I outlined in #587.

You may have to undo a number of things you may have done from the other guide (eg. this guide doesn't use VoodooHDA).

For best result, it might be best to start over and follow post #1 exactly. Your call whether you want to start over or try to fix what you have.

Just do what I outlined in #587.

You may have to undo a number of things you may have done from the other guide (eg. this guide doesn't use VoodooHDA).

For best result, it might be best to start over and follow post #1 exactly. Your call whether you want to start over or try to fix what you have.

I followed your guide. Did all the steps using terminal, installed CLOVER to hdd, but still when I boot from HDD I come upon the same problem (well now the screen isn't flashing. It just goes black).

When I boot from USB I manage to log into my old Yosemite, but I sometimes get graphics lag (eg.attachment).

I reminded updating BIOS to 3.00v right before I updated OSX to 10.10.4

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-09 at 21.35.07.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-09 at 21.35.07.png
    618.1 KB · Views: 113
  • CLOVER.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 81

I followed your guide. Did all the steps using terminal, installed CLOVER to hdd, but still when I boot from HDD I come upon the same problem (well now the screen isn't flashing. It just goes black).

When I boot from USB I manage to log into my old Yosemite, but I sometimes get graphics lag (eg.attachment).

I reminded updating BIOS to 3.00v right before I updated OSX to 10.10.4

Thanks

Try external monitor. Also try boot without caches. If successful, post ioreg.

Otherwise boot with USB and post ioreg.

Do you have legacy boot/CSM enabled or disabled in BIOS?

Try external monitor. Also try boot without caches. If successful, post ioreg.

Otherwise boot with USB and post ioreg.

Do you have legacy boot/CSM enabled or disabled in BIOS?

Using external monitor turned out to be sucessful. No glitches so far.

Legacy boot is enabled, but UEFI is switched to boot first.

Attachments

• Blazej’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    6.2 MB · Views: 84

Using external monitor turned out to be sucessful. No glitches so far.

Legacy boot is enabled, but UEFI is switched to boot first.

Try disabling legacy/CSM in BIOS. If that is the issue, I'll fix in post #1.

Power management is not implemented. Refer to post #1.

Try disabling legacy/CSM in BIOS. If that is the issue, I'll fix in post #1.

Power management is not implemented. Refer to post #1.

Changed BIOS settings, but it didn't solved the problem. Now I noticed that the start-up screen (apple logo and progress bar) is gently fading into black screen. Previously it was done in a blink of an eye, and much more later (progress bar took longer to fill).

I'm thinking maybe I can replace the CLOVER folder on EFI Partition with the one on the pendrive. Do you think it may work?

Also when I boot without hdmi cable in, and plug in after the screen goes black, laptop restarts and OSX says it has crashed and if I want to report this problem to Apple.

Changed BIOS settings, but it didn't solved the problem. Now I noticed that the start-up screen (apple logo and progress bar) is gently fading into black screen. Previously it was done in a blink of an eye, and much more later (progress bar took longer to fill).

I'm thinking maybe I can replace the CLOVER folder on EFI Partition with the one on the pendrive. Do you think it may work?

You may have something else wrong. Clover setup on USB vs. Clover setup on HDD are the same regarding graphics.

Perhaps you should try a fresh install for comparison.

Also when I boot without hdmi cable in, and plug in after the screen goes black, laptop restarts and OSX says it has crashed and if I want to report this problem to Apple.

This would be expected with EFI/Clover from USB.

Or it could be caused by the fact you still have VoodooHDA installed. Perhaps VoodooHDA is the cause of your black screen issue too... No idea... this guide doesn't use VoodooHDA.kext.

FYI, my offset for the DMVT change was 0x18C

setup_var 0x18C 0x4

Whereas the HD5500 guide said to look under the Setup section, I found the settings in the SetupUtility section of the bios file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back