Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50/Y70 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Hello!

Thank you for awesome guide :)

I have problem with WiFi.. I used Dell DW1560 which is Broadcom chip as describe in post #1 but only working is Bluetooth.. Can anyone help me?

BIOS 1.14 for Dell HW I had to unlock it...

From SYSINFO:

Dell DW1560 (4352/20702):

Product ID: 0x216f
Vendor ID: 0x0a5c (Broadcom Corp.)
Version: 1.12
Serial Number: C48E8FF5E3A6
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Broadcom Corp
Location ID: 0x1a130000 / 4
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 0
Built-In: Yes

Thanks...

View attachment 146011
View attachment 146012
View attachment 146013
View attachment 146014

You did not install all kexts as required.

Run ./download.sh and ./install_downloads.sh.

Also noted:
- guide uses/suggests MacBookPro11,1 (you're using MacBookPro11,2)

You did not install all kexts as required.

Run ./download.sh and ./install_downloads.sh.

Also noted:
- guide uses/suggests MacBookPro11,1 (you're using MacBookPro11,2)

Well I am sure I did.. But it seems I have 2 booting parts which I found out one is unused.

Can you tell me what I am missing?

Also Changed to MacBookPro11,1

EDIT:
Heh ok. It's working .. Thx RehabMan.. awesome guide and quick help :)

Last edited:

Need some help.
I searched trough thread found nothing of help.
My audio is working fine, built in speakers and plugged in headphones. But my mic wont detect, doesn't even show up in preferences. Tried 3 different headsets, tried my headset on macbook pro and they work there. tried the steps for fixing audio ( it was working before anyway). But nothing helped. If you have any advice i would very much appreciate it.

Edit: my y adapter seems to be faulty, or too thick to set in y50 port. Ignore this untill i try another

Need some help.
I searched trough thread found nothing of help.
My audio is working fine, built in speakers and plugged in headphones. But my mic wont detect, doesn't even show up in preferences. Tried 3 different headsets, tried my headset on macbook pro and they work there. tried the steps for fixing audio ( it was working before anyway). But nothing helped. If you have any advice i would very much appreciate it.

Edit: my y adapter seems to be faulty, or too thick to set in y50 port. Ignore this untill i try another

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

hello I am Korean(so I am poor at english ㅠㅠ ) and I will buy hackintosh y50-70 with lp156wf4(sp)(h1)//ips screen and broadcom bcm94352z.
but in your guide, you do some difference between uhd model and fhd model. and then If I change the screen to ips screen, should I do something different in doing hackintosh with this? and what model is recommended wireless card with broadcom bcm94352z? there are some different kind of type and I can't get what is the most important in wireless card....

hello I am Korean(so I am poor at english ㅠㅠ ) and I will buy hackintosh y50-70 with lp156wf4(sp)(h1)//ips screen and broadcom bcm94352z.
but in your guide, you do some difference between uhd model and fhd model. and then If I change the screen to ips screen, should I do something different in doing hackintosh with this? and what model is recommended wireless card with broadcom bcm94352z? there are some different kind of type and I can't get what is the most important in wireless card....

The differences depend on whether you have UHD or 1080p screen. The differences are documented clearly in post #1.

Most people are getting BCM94352Z from Dell. Read here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/160258-where-can-i-get-bcm94352z.html

An eBay seller has these selling

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BCM94352Z-NGFF-WIFI-CARD-OSX-COMPATIBLE-Y50-Y70-LENOVO-/261991124712?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Ok, so I updated to 10.10.4. Everything during update went smooth. But when I rebooted the screen at login screen went black.

Although the boot process went well the screen was black and only sometimes it flashed with 'normal' picture. My guess is that the update broke graphic kext.

I use 1080p Lenovo. Do you have any ideas what could help?

Ok, so I updated to 10.10.4. Everything during update went smooth. But when I rebooted the screen at login screen went black.

Although the boot process went well the screen was black and only sometimes it flashed with 'normal' picture. My guess is that the update broke graphic kext.

I use 1080p Lenovo. Do you have any ideas what could help?

Post EFI/Clover folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back