Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50/Y70 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

For those wanting a solution:
In bios, enable hotkey mode, meaning instead of pressing fn-F6, you only press F6 to disable touchpad
That works, i dunno why, but I'm sure Rehabman will be able to tell us why

BIOS setting shouldn't matter. But it does affect which key you need to press.

BIOS setting shouldn't matter. But it does affect which key you need to press.

I guess the key combination detection has to do with the kext that you created. I'm no expert but I'm guessing the direct F6 press is somehow able to send the message while the fn-F6 combo was not
Seems interesting because all hotkey functions work in this method, but fn-F6 was the only one that didn't out of the fn-Fx combos

I guess the key combination detection has to do with the kext that you created. I'm no expert but I'm guessing the direct F6 press is somehow able to send the message while the fn-F6 combo was not

The same values will be sent... But the keys reversed.

Unlike my u430, there is no special mapping being done for your keyboard.

It would be a good idea for someone to study my patches and keyboard profile for the u430 and see if any of it lines up with the y50.

The same values will be sent... But the keys reversed.

Unlike my u430, there is no special mapping being done for your keyboard.

It would be a good idea for someone to study my patches and keyboard profile for the u430 and see if any of it lines up with the y50.

If you can point me in the right direction (which files are the patches and profiles), I can see what I can find

If you can point me in the right direction (which files are the patches and profiles), I can see what I can find

DSDT patches are in patches/keyboard.txt.

But it is all tied to the keyboard profile in VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Info.plist.

Note the profile for Lenovo/u430/Haswell-Ideapad.

There is a lot going on there, and you need to have a pretty good understanding of PS2, my driver's PS2 keymapping feature, and the code in general (because there are capabilities I haven't documented, such as Macro Inversion).

The gist of what's going on:
- intercepting EC queries to nullify them or translate them into PS2 events, or both
- translating macros (Fn+fkeys that send a sequence of keys) into a single keycode
- providing a way to change the keymap depending on SysPrefs->Keyboard->"Use all F1, F2..." option

Figuring it all out requires being proficient with ACPI debug, ACPI coding, ability to read the C++ code in the keyboard driver, knowledge of PS2 protocol/PS2 scan codes, etc.

It's all pretty tricky... And that is part of the reason I haven't bothered documenting all the mechanisms in play. Hard to imagine explaining "how to" to someone without extensive knowledge.

DSDT patches are in patches/keyboard.txt.

But it is all tied to the keyboard profile in VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Info.plist.

Note the profile for Lenovo/u430/Haswell-Ideapad.

There is a lot going on there, and you need to have a pretty good understanding of PS2, my driver's PS2 keymapping feature, and the code in general (because there are capabilities I haven't documented, such as Macro Inversion).

The gist of what's going on:
- intercepting EC queries to nullify them or translate them into PS2 events, or both
- translating macros (Fn+fkeys that send a sequence of keys) into a single keycode
- providing a way to change the keymap depending on SysPrefs->Keyboard->"Use all F1, F2..." option

Figuring it all out requires being proficient with ACPI debug, ACPI coding, ability to read the C++ code in the keyboard driver, knowledge of PS2 protocol/PS2 scan codes, etc.

It's all pretty tricky... And that is part of the reason I haven't bothered documenting all the mechanisms in play. Hard to imagine explaining "how to" to someone without extensive knowledge.

I'll try to dig through what I can. Took a couple comp sci courses so I'll see what I can make sense of in my free time
Worth a shot anyways. Thanks for the basic explanation!

Need some help.
I searched trough thread found nothing of help.
My audio is working fine, built in speakers and plugged in headphones. But my mic wont detect, doesn't even show up in preferences. Tried 3 different headsets, tried my headset on macbook pro and they work there. tried the steps for fixing audio ( it was working before anyway). But nothing helped. If you have any advice i would very much appreciate it.

Edit: my y adapter seems to be faulty, or too thick to set in y50 port. Ignore this untill i try another

To get back on this, got a working adapter, mic still not detected.

I attached proper files, thanks for help in advance.

kextstat|grep -y acpiplat

13 2 0xffffff7f8226f000 0x65000 0x65000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

returns empty

Attachments

• clover.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 67
  • RehabMan.zip
    28.9 KB · Views: 67
  • sheby.ioreg
    4 MB · Views: 75
To get back on this, got a working adapter, mic still not detected.

I attached proper files, thanks for help in advance.

kextstat|grep -y acpiplat

13 2 0xffffff7f8226f000 0x65000 0x65000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

returns empty

Same codec as my u430, same problem as my u430... No solution yet.

Added to Known Problems in post #1.

I figured out the reason behind the lagging graphics
Turns out I thought I could remove some kexts with AMD, ATI, NVidia, etc to decrease boot time
But I guess I must have mis-deleted something and caused graphic bugs
I did a clean install and everything works perfectly now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back