Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50/Y70 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

More logs with the debug version.

Try a different mouse.

Also, the source for the daemon is available.

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

I don't know why your system is marking a removable USB device as non-removable.

Mac is detecting and "disabling trackpad"
When the usb is in and I pull up system pref>Trackpad
It says "Trackpad options not abailable because built in trackpad is disabled'
However, in reality, trackpad is NOT disabled
So that doesn't make a lot of sense, it seems to be detecting the mouse just fine!

Mac is detecting and "disabling trackpad"
When the usb is in and I pull up system pref>Trackpad
It says "Trackpad options not abailable because built in trackpad is disabled'
However, in reality, trackpad is NOT disabled

Yes. The system detects things differently than my software. I don't know what they are looking at.

So that doesn't make a lot of sense, it seems to be detecting the mouse just fine!

It makes 100% sense.

Your problem is that the system is injecting "non-removable"=true for a removable USB device.

It will be interesting when you try 10.11 to see what happens (completely new USB stack).

Yes. The system detects things differently than my software. I don't know what they are looking at.

It makes 100% sense.

Your problem is that the system is injecting "non-removable"=true for a removable USB device.

It will be interesting when you try 10.11 to see what happens (completely new USB stack).

So you're essentially saying that the system detects it correctly, but it has no control to disable the trackpad?

So you're essentially saying that the system detects it correctly, but it has no control to disable the trackpad?

I'm saying VoodooPS2Daemon is excluding the USB mouse you have plugged in due to it being marked "non-removable"=true.

Such devices must be excluded from MouseCount as there is no possibility of removing a "non-removable" device. The trackpad automatically enabling/disabling is based on MouseCount provided from the daemon.

Your issue is your mouse is marked incorrectly as "non-removable". Try a different mouse and try 10.11 to see what the new behavior might be with the new USB stack.

The system uses a different method of counting mice that is not documented and not known to me. I'm using a different algorithm because I have no choice. You can see the implementation here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/blob/master/VoodooPS2Daemon/main.cpp

I'm saying VoodooPS2Daemon is excluding the USB mouse you have plugged in due to it being marked "non-removable"=true.

Such devices must be excluded from MouseCount as there is no possibility of removing a "non-removable" device. The trackpad automatically enabling/disabling is based on MouseCount provided from the daemon.

Your issue is your mouse is marked incorrectly as "non-removable". Try a different mouse and try 10.11 to see what the new behavior might be with the new USB stack.

The system uses a different method of counting mice that is not documented and not known to me. I'm using a different algorithm because I have no choice. You can see the implementation here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/blob/master/VoodooPS2Daemon/main.cpp

Sounds good. I'll give El Capitan a try when it goes to a later beta. I hear that Yosemite still has better functionality atm

Just a thought. Would it be possible to code VoodooPS2Daemon in a way that instead of detecting itself whether there is a mouse, detect whether the system has determined that trackpad has been disabled? That way you save yourself the time of having to code for a bluetooth mouse as well, because the system will tell you one has connected as well!

Just a thought. Would it be possible to code VoodooPS2Daemon in a way that instead of detecting itself whether there is a mouse, detect whether the system has determined that trackpad has been disabled? That way you save yourself the time of having to code for a bluetooth mouse as well, because the system will tell you one has connected as well!

As I already stated, I have no idea what property in ioreg the code in SysPrefs->Trackpad is looking at.

If I did, I wouldn't have bothered creating VoodooPS2Daemon.

Prior to installing OS X, it is a good idea to create an OEM recovery USB from Windows. If anything goes wrong and you want/need to get back to Windows, you can restore it via the USB. Use the utility provided by Lenovo to accomplish this.
Whoever did this step, I'd appreciate your input on how to create this recovery USB in Windows 10!

This is the only thing I need to do before starting (safety wise).

Whoever did this step, I'd appreciate your input on how to create this recovery USB in Windows 10!

This is the only thing I need to do before starting (safety wise).

TBH if you know how to clean install windows 10, I would just suggest you to look online for the Lenovo One Key Recovery Engineering iso (just google OKR8.1 which is the one for the Y50. It is only available on Chinese websites though). That USB will basically format the drive and install the one key components as Lenovo did on your device. You can then install windows and backup as you will.
I find going through anything else just more of a hassle tbh

As I already stated, I have no idea what property in ioreg the code in SysPrefs->Trackpad is looking at.

If I did, I wouldn't have bothered creating VoodooPS2Daemon.

For those wanting a solution:
In bios, enable hotkey mode, meaning instead of pressing fn-F6, you only press F6 to disable touchpad
That works, i dunno why, but I'm sure Rehabman will be able to tell us why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back