Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50/Y70 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

It works only if you select the setting in SysPrefs.

SysPrefs->Accessibility->Mouse & Trackpad...

Fn+F6 for trackpad toggle requires additional work by those that own the laptop and have knowledge of my PS2 driver, and ACPI. See my related u430 patches for an example: https://github.com/RehabMan/Lenovo-U430-Touch-DSDT-Patch (patches/keyboard.txt).

It can get relatively complex. But it is possible your laptop is similar to my u430 in the keyboard handling area.

Problem is selecting under SysPrefs->Accessibility->Mouse & Trackpad... doesn't work
I had a usb and bluetooth mice connected and different times and it still didn't disable
How can I apply the keyboard.txt to see if it's compatible with the Y50?

Problem is selecting under SysPrefs->Accessibility->Mouse & Trackpad... doesn't work
I had a usb and bluetooth mice connected and different times and it still didn't disable

Bluetooth mice not supported for this functionality. Only USB mice.

If I ever find a good bluetooth mouse to purchase, I'll probably add the needed code to the VoodooPS2Daemon.

If you feel it is not working, read post #1, "Problem Reporting". Post ioreg with USB mouse plugged in.

How can I apply the keyboard.txt to see if it's compatible with the Y50?

Requires investigation/analysis/debugging of related ACPI code.

Bluetooth mice not supported for this functionality. Only USB mice.

If I ever find a good bluetooth mouse to purchase, I'll probably add the needed code to the VoodooPS2Daemon.

If you feel it is not working, read post #1, "Problem Reporting". Post ioreg with USB mouse plugged in.

Here are the files with usb mouse plugged in, Logitec M570 model

Attachments

• Allen’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    5.3 MB · Views: 129
  • RehabMan.zip
    28.8 KB · Views: 79

Here are the files with usb mouse plugged in, Logitec M570 model

Show output of:
Code:
ps -ax|grep -y ps2

Show output of:
Code:
ps -ax|grep -y ps2

Allens-MacBook-Pro:~ allenchang$ ps -ax|grep -y ps2
40 ?? 0:00.00 /usr/bin/VoodooPS2Daemon
373 ttys000 0:00.00 grep -y ps2

Allens-MacBook-Pro:~ allenchang$ ps -ax|grep -y ps2
40 ?? 0:00.00 /usr/bin/VoodooPS2Daemon
373 ttys000 0:00.00 grep -y ps2

Check log from VoodooPS2Daemon as you plug/unplug the mouse.

I think you'll find it is not detecting your mouse and therefore not sending a non-zero MouseCount to the PS2 trackpad (you can see MouseCount is zero in ioreg).

I think it is because the only USB device that is a pointing device is also marked as 'non-removable'.

The daemon ignores non-removable pointing devices (such as touchscreens) because non-removable devices cannot count toward MouseCount (because the trackpad would never be enabled).

Where would I find that

In Console.app.

Read additional info in #757.

Try plugging the mouse into a different USB port.

Check log from VoodooPS2Daemon as you plug/unplug the mouse.

I think you'll find it is not detecting your mouse and therefore not sending a non-zero MouseCount to the PS2 trackpad (you can see MouseCount is zero in ioreg).

I think it is because the only USB device that is a pointing device is also marked as 'non-removable'.

The daemon ignores non-removable pointing devices (such as touchscreens) because non-removable devices cannot count toward MouseCount (because the trackpad would never be enabled).

Indeed the whole VoodooPS2Daemon.log is empty >_<
Any way to fix this?
All 3 ports yield the same result

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back