Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50/Y70 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

No need to copy CLOVERX64.efi. Just rename bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi.Windows updates will create bootmgfw.efi, so after that, remove bootmgfw-orig.efi and rename bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi.
Hello,I've just installed Windows 10 and followed this instruction here. But seems like there is something new with Windows 10 that renaming and deleting as instructed doesn't work. I still cannot boot to Clover after using Windows. Please help.Thank you.

Hello,I've just installed Windows 10 and followed this instruction here. But seems like there is something new with Windows 10 that renaming and deleting as instructed doesn't work. I still cannot boot to Clover after using Windows. Please help.Thank you.

You must delete, then rename. Not rename then delete.

Make sure bootmgfw-orig.efi is the latest from Win10.

You must delete, then rename. Not rename then delete.Make sure bootmgfw-orig.efi is the latest from Win10.
Yes that's exactly what I did, delete and then rename. I did that a bunch of times, so I think the file is created by Windows 10.

Yes that's exactly what I did, delete and then rename. I did that a bunch of times, so I think the file is created by Windows 10.
Okay so I found out that the orig file is reseted everytime I boot to Windows. Before rename the file is 1.2Mb. After rebooting it is 1.6Mb. It is the same size as the file while I was using Windows 8. So I guess that's the issue. Would updating clover solve the problem?

Okay so I found out that the orig file is reseted everytime I boot to Windows. Before rename the file is 1.2Mb. After rebooting it is 1.6Mb. It is the same size as the file while I was using Windows 8. So I guess that's the issue. Would updating clover solve the problem?
I updated clover but it's still not working. Any suggestions?

What is not working?

Rebooting from Windows 10 would create a bootmgfw.efi and a new bootmgfw-orig.efi so I cannot use Clover after restarting from Windows.

why dont you use easyuefi ?

i created a my boot order with it and everything works fine even after update to win10

Rebooting from Windows 10 would create a bootmgfw.efi and a new bootmgfw-orig.efi so I cannot use Clover after restarting from Windows.

Windows will not touch bootmgfw-orig.efi.

It will only recreate bootmgfw.efi if you're not booting Windows via the latest bootmgfw.efi. (eg. make sure bootmgfw-orig.efi is the latest as provided by the Windows updates).

There are also ways to manipulate the EFI boot list (although I find most of them very buggy).

Hello!

Thank you for awesome guide :)

I have problem with WiFi.. I used Dell DW1560 which is Broadcom chip as describe in post #1 but only working is Bluetooth.. Can anyone help me?

BIOS 1.14 for Dell HW I had to unlock it...

From SYSINFO:

Dell DW1560 (4352/20702):

Product ID: 0x216f
Vendor ID: 0x0a5c (Broadcom Corp.)
Version: 1.12
Serial Number: C48E8FF5E3A6
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Broadcom Corp
Location ID: 0x1a130000 / 4
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 0
Built-In: Yes