Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50/Y70 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just forgot to add it to the BRIX, y50, EnvyK, EnvyJ repos after testing with success on the u430.

Added now...

Yah, not sure what the bloke above was mentioning it was working in legacy mode, but not in uefi, since it wasn't in in the config in the first place

Yah, not sure what the bloke above was mentioning it was working in legacy mode, but not in uefi, since it wasn't in in the config in the first place

Yup...

BTW, I've got a version of my u430 repo working that uses no patched DSDT/SSDTs... All patching/injection is done via Clover hotpatching, Abritrary injection, and a small SSDT. It is pretty cool as you don't have the ACPI patching process to go through, and you can update hardware, BIOS settings, BIOS version, etc. without re-patching. It simplifies the process a fair bit and will probably lead to less errors.

I may try the same with the y50 if someone is willing to test. We'll see as I get into it if there are any complications above what I saw with the u430.

Unfortunately, I ran into a lot of bugs in Clover in using these features.... and... I fixed them all, but they are not in the current build, so I'll wait until Slice integrates my fixes before putting it out for anyone else.

It took a *very long day* to put together. I suspect less for the next laptop...

This is just a heads up...

Yup...

BTW, I've got a version of my u430 repo working that uses no patched DSDT/SSDTs... All patching/injection is done via Clover hotpatching, Abritrary injection, and a small SSDT. It is pretty cool as you don't have the ACPI patching process to go through, and you can update hardware, BIOS settings, BIOS version, etc. without re-patching. It simplifies the process a fair bit and will probably lead to less errors.

I may try the same with the y50 if someone is willing to test. We'll see as I get into it if there are any complications above what I saw with the u430.

Unfortunately, I ran into a lot of bugs in Clover in using these features.... and... I fixed them all, but they are not in the current build, so I'll wait until Slice integrates my fixes before putting it out for anyone else.

It took a *very long day* to put together. I suspect less for the next laptop...

This is just a heads up...

I'll def test for you. It'll make patching DSDT and other complications much easier. The ACPI patching bypass may fix keyboard issues as well I presume, no need to remap (though with 10.11 and the updated patches/config, both fn+f6 and prntscr both disable touchpad which is interesting)?
As long as I am not editing recordings, I can definitely test

The patch isn't even in the config. Not sure what you're talking about. Have to apply the changes from the following links. The glitch patches aren't consecutive like in the below example, but a ctrl+F should find it. I have it working now :)
https://github.com/RehabMan/Lenovo-...mmit/dbb2aa7d13a0480567427768b19d48c55bec714c

I am sorry for the confusion. I took the patch code from the U430 config file and added it to my config.

However, the patch is only active when the Legacy mode is enabled. With the UEFI option on, the Boot glitch still occurs.

I'll def test for you. It'll make patching DSDT and other complications much easier. The ACPI patching bypass may fix keyboard issues as well I presume, no need to remap (though with 10.11 and the updated patches/config, both fn+f6 and prntscr both disable touchpad which is interesting)?
As long as I am not editing recordings, I can definitely test

Not sure what you mean...

The hotpatching I do has the same result as 'on disk' patching...

I'll publish here when I have something to test...

However, the patch is only active when the Legacy mode is enabled. With the UEFI option on, the Boot glitch still occurs.

Normal/expected.

Not sure what you mean...

The hotpatching I do has the same result as 'on disk' patching...

I'll publish here when I have something to test...

Ahh I misunderstood you. Thought you meant we would no longer need to patch ACPI for brightness keys etc to work correctly

im sorry to say but thr guide as it now dosent work on el capitan clean install

one of the major issues /usr/bin folder completely blocked to write
is there a work around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back