Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks!

I was searching for solution when i stumbled upon a forum post: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/325601-intelhd-4600-screen-problem/
It's almost the same issue, that I (we) have. If I set my booting to UEFI only, i get something similar glitch.
A ig-platform-id solved his problem, so I tried it and it works!!!!
I set my booting to Legacy, but UEFI first, booted with 0x04260000 and my internal display works, external also and i have 3D acceleration with 1024MB VRAM!
I know it's not 1536MB but still.

If you get glitchy graphics with this ig-platform-id try to put it in sleep but wake up right away.

Good news, I will try it when I get back home.

Thanks!

I was searching for solution when i stumbled upon a forum post: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/325601-intelhd-4600-screen-problem/
It's almost the same issue, that I (we) have. If I set my booting to UEFI only, i get something similar glitch.
A ig-platform-id solved his problem, so I tried it and it works!!!!
I set my booting to Legacy, but UEFI first, booted with 0x04260000 and my internal display works, external also and i have 3D acceleration with 1024MB VRAM!
I know it's not 1536MB but still.

If you get glitchy graphics with this ig-platform-id try to put it in sleep but wake up right away.

I had no success with using 0x04260000 as ig-platform-id. It resulted in a kernel panic when booting.

Can you share your clover config so that i can compare it with mine ? Thanks.

I managed to install Mojave on my y50-70 UHD model without a problem with the attached config:

Everything works fine untill this point:

Code:
cd ~/Projects/y50.git
cp config_UHD.plist /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/config.plist

The problem is after the install. When I copy config_UHD.plist Mojave won't work anymore. When booting, I can see everything untill half of progress bar, after that GUI is supposed to show, but instead I get a black screen. I can wake the screen up by pressing "Fn+F1, ALT" to simulate sleep. It then only appears for one second and problem continues. For one second I can see the login screen from Mojave. Is there any way to make Intel graphics work without black screen issue?

I want to add that I have correctly patched DVMT-prealloc. I was a long time y50-70 El Capitan user without a problem. Intel graphics was working fine on El Capitan. It was recently that I decided to install Mojave from scratch.

Your profile has no details on screen resolution. Please fix as per FAQ request.

Your profile has no details on screen resolution. Please fix as per FAQ request.

Thanks, fixed my profile information.

Attached all problem reporting files.

I had El Capitan working successfully.
I am running on external TV right now.
Using config_UHD.plist.
DVMT-prealloc patched to 128MB

Seems like changing this line in config.plist triggers a black screen issue:

<key>ig-platform-id</key>

<string>0x12345678</string> --> <string>0x0a260006</string>

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    8.3 MB · Views: 70
  • RehabMan.zip
    33.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 07.12.35.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 07.12.35.png
    77.5 KB · Views: 61
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 07.12.39.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 07.12.39.png
    97.4 KB · Views: 69
  • terminal_output.txt
    11.3 KB · Views: 94
  • IOReg.zip
    759.5 KB · Views: 61
Hi Rehabman!

I partially fixed my black screen issue with the 0x04260000 ig-platform-id. With this both of my screen is working, but I still don't have proper graphics and I only have 1024mb of VRAM instead of 1534MB. For example, if I install Clover Configurator, it always have some kind of graphic glitch. I attached a screenshot of it.
I would rather go your way, by this I mean to leave everything as you configured with you Y50-DSDT scripts, but with it my internal screen is black, although it's black lit.

Attachments

• cloverconfigurator.png
    cloverconfigurator.png
    752.1 KB · Views: 79
  • IOReg.zip
    575.9 KB · Views: 62
  • RehabMan.zip
    27.8 KB · Views: 76
  • terminal_output.txt
    10.4 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Hi Rehabman!

I partially fixed my black screen issue with the 0x04260000 ig-platform-id. With this both of my screen is working, but I still don't have proper graphics and I only have 1024mb of VRAM instead of 1534MB. For example, if I install Clover Configurator, it always have some kind of graphic glitch. I attached a screenshot of it.
I would rather go your way, by this I mean to leave everything as you configured with you Y50-DSDT scripts, but with it my internal screen is black, although it's black lit.
can you also provide clover folder please? I want to try out your config on my laptop.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 91
Thanks, fixed my profile information.

Attached all problem reporting files.

I had El Capitan working successfully.
I am running on external TV right now.
Using config_UHD.plist.
DVMT-prealloc patched to 128MB

Seems like changing this line in config.plist triggers a black screen issue:

<key>ig-platform-id</key>

<string>0x12345678</string> --> <string>0x0a260006</string>

Post #117 may have something for you to try.

can you also provide clover folder please? I want to try out your config on my laptop.
The UHD model can try my clover config.plist on page 13 floor #128 if you can't get it work use RehabMan's config.plist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back