Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished installing Mojave on my laptop and everything is working as it should except the sub woofer on the bottom of the laptop. Is there any way to enable it? Sound coming out of the speakers is really tinny and it sounds really bad compare to W10. Kinda nitpicky I know, but I thought I would ask

Some have used VoodooHDA.kext + a composite audio device (SoundFlower) to enable it.
I don't recommend it.

Hey RehabMan. I found that the sleep didn't not work on my machine, it would turn into black screen, the keyboard light remained but I could't recovery from this status only to force turn off the power.

You could try alternate config.plist (post before yours). Or could be SSD issue...

I tried the config.plist (config_UHD.plist you provided) the problem remain. I think that maybe SSD issue, my SSD is Toshiba Q200 EX (SATA3) .The former OCZ ARC100 (SATA3) was totally broken after I force turn off the dead sleep MacOS. I am really afraid that my Toshiba Q200 EX may encounter the same problem some day.

hi Rehabman, I have followed all the instruction as per the guid
  1. I used refi shell to change pre allocated DVMT its games me msg 0x18c 0x1 changed to 0x4
  2. I used my friends Mac to creat bootable usb then installed the Mac as per the guid step by step every thing is working fine expect for the display I am unable to get display on internal display if I push power button twice I can see the display for 1 or 2 sec. external display with HDMi works fine. I am attaching my Clover folder further I have tried to make IORegistry but I can't can u plz help me with this

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 65
I have the same problem on my UHD model.
the graphic is tearing at login screen & turns into black screen.
I found a solution, I can use an external HDMI monitor to see the desktop, then adjust zoom level of internal monitor to normal. The internal monitor shows well. I can unplug the hdmi monitor after that.
But the resolution is below 1080p, so that is not a good solution.

hi Rehabman, I have followed all the instruction as per the guid
  1. I used refi shell to change pre allocated DVMT its games me msg 0x18c 0x1 changed to 0x4
  2. I used my friends Mac to creat bootable usb then installed the Mac as per the guid step by step every thing is working fine expect for the display I am unable to get display on internal display if I push power button twice I can see the display for 1 or 2 sec. external display with HDMi works fine. I am attaching my Clover folder further I have tried to make IORegistry but I can't can u plz help me with this
You got the same problem as I did, you could have a try with my EFI. Let me know it work on your UHD model.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 115
I found a solution, I can use an external HDMI monitor to see the desktop, then adjust zoom level of internal monitor to normal. The internal monitor shows well. I can unplug the hdmi monitor after that.
Try my EFI, let me know if it work on your machine.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 98
You can find what I changed on the floor #117

Attachments

• 屏幕快照 2019-02-12 下午9.03.54.png
    屏幕快照 2019-02-12 下午9.03.54.png
    950.1 KB · Views: 74
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back