[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry here is my last debug

Attachments

• debug_32495.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 73
sorry here is my last debug

Your config.plist is not up-to-date. Perhaps other components are not up-to-date either.
Make sure your copy of the github project is current.
Then complete all post-install steps as per post #1.

Rehabman, just a note on the latest github - the make command is not working. See here:

Hacbook:y50.git dev$ make
make: Nothing to be done for `all'.

I'm assuming this could be a bug. make install and the other commands seem to be operating normally.

Rehabman, just a note on the latest github - the make command is not working. See here:

Hacbook:y50.git dev$ make

I'm assuming this could be a bug. make install and the other commands seem to be operating normally.

Not a bug.
It just means that you already created SSDT-HACK.aml.

Note:
Code:
NUC6i7KYK:y50.git rehabman$ make clean
rm -f ./build/*.dsl ./build/*.aml
NUC6i7KYK:y50.git rehabman$ make
iasl -vw 2095 -vw 2146 -p build/SSDT-HACK.aml SSDT-HACK.dsl

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL+ Optimizing Compiler/Disassembler version 20180427(RM)
Copyright (c) 2000 - 2018 Intel Corporation

ASL Input:     SSDT-HACK.dsl - 799 lines, 28574 bytes, 430 keywords
AML Output:    build/SSDT-HACK.aml - 4391 bytes, 72 named objects, 358 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 32 Optimizations, 4 Constants Folded

Not a bug.
It just means that you already created SSDT-HACK.aml.

Note:
Code:
NUC6i7KYK:y50.git rehabman$ make clean
rm -f ./build/*.dsl ./build/*.aml
iasl -vw 2095 -vw 2146 -p build/SSDT-HACK.aml SSDT-HACK.dsl

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL+ Optimizing Compiler/Disassembler version 20180427(RM)
Copyright (c) 2000 - 2018 Intel Corporation

ASL Input:     SSDT-HACK.dsl - 799 lines, 28574 bytes, 430 keywords
AML Output:    build/SSDT-HACK.aml - 4391 bytes, 72 named objects, 358 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 32 Optimizations, 4 Constants Folded
Understood. Thanks for the info, was just about to update from HS to Mojave and wanted to let you know in case there was indeed an issue.

the only "problem" remains the trackpad drivers. because with appleps2smarttouchpad if I restart from windows and I put mac the trackpad goes crazy. I just have to test a kext Voodoo recompiled with Mojave let's see a bit.

update: the kext recompiled with Mojave does not work properly. (a user did it). Caps key always stays on. Appleps2smarthtouch works but if I restart Windows from the PC and boot Mac the trackpad goes crazy.

Hi,

First of all thank you Rehab-man for this guide.

Now there's this issue I have with Mojave. I often use my y50-70 with the external monitor connected through the HDMI and I've noticed that sometimes the animations like when I switch desktops or use mission control are really slow. I have my BIOS set to legacy with the UEFI priority. I tried to switch it to UEFI only but then the whole graphics is messed up. And these slow animations are occuring only when I use my external monitor and only on Mojave.

Did anyone have these kind of issues with this laptop?

Attachments

• debug_27494.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 62
Hi,

First of all thank you Rehab-man for this guide.

Now there's this issue I have with Mojave. I often use my y50-70 with the external monitor connected through the HDMI and I've noticed that sometimes the animations like when I switch desktops or use mission control are really slow. I have my BIOS set to legacy with the UEFI priority. I tried to switch it to UEFI only but then the whole graphics is messed up. And these slow animations are occuring only when I use my external monitor and only on Mojave.

Did anyone have these kind of issues with this laptop?

Remove unneeded software (noted SoundFlower is installed) just to make sure it isn't interfering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back