Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

I have a problem with my Intel HD4600, it has only 7mb vram.
I had been following this guide thoroughly. And if I do everything as it's said here, the display is flickering and the system cannot be used. If I disable the PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) section in the config.plist, then everything is more or less normal. But the video card have only 7mb vram.

I tried to follow this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-hd4200-hd4400-hd4600-hd5600-on-10-11.175797/, but it didn't help.

Wi-fi doesn't work too...

Attachments

• debug_19106.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Last edited:
I cant add the USBXHCI_y50.kext is not in your repo, i ran the download script and even downloaded one called usb injector but USBXHCI_y50.kext is not in that repo, can you reupload that please?

Thanks

Edit: i realized that is on a different branch, the archive branch instead of the main. Anyhow, im uploading it here in case someone has the same error as i did, im not sure if we are allowed to upload kexts here so mod feel free to take it off in that case.

No need for USBXHC_y50.kext when using a USB2 stick as recommended in the guide.

Hi!

I have a problem with my Intel HD4600, it has only 7mb vram.
I had been following this guide thoroughly. And if I do everything as it's said here, the display is flickering and the system cannot be used. If I disable the PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) section in the config.plist, then everything is more or less normal. But the video card have only 7mb vram.

I tried to follow this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-hd4200-hd4400-hd4600-hd5600-on-10-11.175797/, but it didn't help.

Wi-fi doesn't work too...
No ioreg in the attached debug zip. Please check your files carefully before upload.

*UPDATE 1*

I realized that when I use the config.plist from this guide, the memory is fine. 1536mb as it should be. But the display either flickers or behaves like this: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-hd5600-on-10-11.175797/page-117#post-1805981. Depends on legacy boot enabled or not.

*UPDATE 2*

From which MacOS version flickering appeared?
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

No ioreg in the attached debug zip. Please check your files carefully before upload.
Here you are.

I even unlocked the BIOS and set DVMT pre-allocated memory to 64mb. It didn't help.

Only if I disable the PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) section in the config.plist the screen doesn't flicker. But vram 7mb.

Attachments

• debug_11156.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 58
Here you are.

I even unlocked the BIOS and set DVMT pre-allocated memory to 64mb. It didn't help.

Only if I disable the PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) section in the config.plist the screen doesn't flicker. But vram 7mb.

Problem reporting files must represent the problem scenario.
You have made incorrect changes to the config.plist.
No expectation of properly working graphics without the Pci(0x02,0) section.

Problem reporting files must represent the problem scenario.
You have made incorrect changes to the config.plist.
No expectation of properly working graphics without the Pci(0x02,0) section.

Attachments

• debug_26684.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 70

This configuration looks ok, but there is some strange output in your kextcache result:
Code:
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fe0cf197560 [0x7fff8c46b8f0]> { URL = "AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.insanelymac.AtherosE2200Ethernet" }

This configuration looks ok, but there is some strange output in your kextcache result:
Code:
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fe0cf197560 [0x7fff8c46b8f0]> { URL = "AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.insanelymac.AtherosE2200Ethernet" }
What should I do?

Should I change the DVMT-prealloc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back