Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently running "InsydeH20 Rev 3.7"

Latest version is:

• BIOS Update for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Windows 8 (64-bit), Windows 8.1 (64-bit), Windows 10 (64-bit) - Notebook
  • 9ECN43WW(V3.03)
  • 2015/10/23
Should I install this one?

You can always try to see if it makes a difference.
It would be great to hear from others with this laptop (mastercarhead?), but they seem to have disappeared.
There seems to be a lot of variation in this laptop series (eg. different trackpads thrown in, different screens, etc.)
Sometimes those differences come with different compatibility.

You can always try to see if it makes a difference.
It would be great to hear from others with this laptop (mastercarhead?), but they seem to have disappeared.
There seems to be a lot of variation in this laptop series (eg. different trackpads thrown in, different screens, etc.)
Sometimes those differences come with different compatibility.
yes install the latest 3.03 bios and also enable legacy boot to help with the screen issue

Thanks Rehabman and ashwin1996, the BIOS is already updated, but I had to wipe the SSD as Windows wasn't onboard for flashing (I had an MBR SSD - Windows 8.1 needs GPT), plus I wanted to start over from scratch again, so it will be a few days before I can give some feedback after trying the following:

1) Rehabman method (if this works fluidly this time around then all is good and I can post up the complete method of installation)
2) Manually patching DSDT SSDT (now I just finished an Asus build and have half a clue about patching now).

I'll keep you all updated ...
yes install the latest 3.03 bios and also enable legacy boot to help with the screen issue

Last edited:
Hi all,

Should I do this steps:
If your laptop has DVMT-prealloc set as required (64MB or 128MB), you should disable or remove the 32MB patch.
when booting the OS X installer on Y50 with Clover? Or I need just to patch BIOS, run clover with "default" config.plist (all steps except remove the 32MB patch), and then in the end replace config with UHD config? Thank you.

2) Manually patching DSDT SSDT (now I just finished an Asus build and have half a clue about patching now).

No sense.
The hotpatch method used here is already correct.

For the UHD model, DVMT-prealloc must be changed as per post #1.
So after will change DVMT-prealloc due to post #1 I can ignore that step?
If your laptop has DVMT-prealloc set as required (64MB or 128MB), you should disable or remove the 32MB patch.

I am asking 'cause I will change prealloc to 128MB and mentioned step also is about case when you have such prealloc. This is the only thing that is not obvious to me. Thank you in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back