Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Guys. Anyone managed to setup subwoofer on this laptop? The sound quality without it quiet bad. I am using voodooHDA instead AppleHDA. All latest updated and installed including OSX

Hello Guys. Anyone managed to setup subwoofer on this laptop? The sound quality without it quiet bad. I am using voodooHDA instead AppleHDA. All latest updated and installed including OSX

There are reports of using VoodooHDA and a composite audio device (SoundFlower), but then you lose native volume controls.

SoundFlower created 2 and 64 channel output entries in Audio midi and they are not working. As I understand subwoofer is on other output nod or how this is called and has to be configured for activation. I didn't found anything useful in google related regarding this issue. I hope maybe someone fixed this issue. Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Hi guys, my y50-70 uhd touchscreen digitizer is faulty, clicking everywhere and stuff (on windows10 and OS X El Capitan), is there a way to unload the touchscreen kext?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! It's really annoying since all the other features work really good thanks to this guide :(

Hi guys, my y50-70 uhd touchscreen digitizer is faulty, clicking everywhere and stuff (on windows10 and OS X El Capitan), is there a way to unload the touchscreen kext?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! It's really annoying since all the other features work really good thanks to this guide :(

You can disable the touchscreen with kernel flag: uia_exclude=HS05

There might be a BIOS option to disable it as well (for Windows).

You can disable the touchscreen with kernel flag: uia_exclude=HS05

There might be a BIOS option to disable it as well (for Windows).

i literally have no idea how to add the kernel flag (i assume it is not a boot flag), can you please help me with a little advice on how to?

i literally have no idea how to add the kernel flag (i assume it is not a boot flag), can you please help me with a little advice on how to?

Kernel flags are specified in config.plist/Boot/Arguments.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 3.04.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 3.04.10 PM.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 213
Hi!
I think that you need to set DVMT-prealloc to 128Mb in bios setup menu. If you need unlocked bios for your laptop, just write me.
hi i have the same problem, mi gpu dont work correctly and is imposible use the machine, i want the unlocked bios, can you help me please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back