Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guide does not use default Clover injection for graphics (except on USB installer).
It uses config.plist/Devices/Arbitrary.
FakeID/IntelGFX has no effect without Graphics/Inject/Intel=true. The guide plist has Graphics/Inject/Intel=false.

I could probably change it to use Devices/AddProperties and default Clover inject, as it would make using the USB in certain scenarios unnecessary.
Seems like it would be less steps in the end for the user? Which is always better.

Out of curiosity, is the only thing that’s supposed to be in the acpi/patched/ folder ssdt-hack.aml? If I’m reading the thread correctly, it should have the rest of these files?
image.jpg

Seems like it would be less steps in the end for the user? Which is always better.

Out of curiosity, is the only thing that’s supposed to be in the acpi/patched/ folder ssdt-hack.aml? If I’m reading the thread correctly, it should have the rest of these files?
image.jpg

Only SSDT-HACK.aml in ACPI/patched is correct.

The 'make install' command makes sure other files (that used to be present in older versions of the guide) are removed.

Hi RehabMan.

First of all, I want to thank you for such a great contribution.

I've performed a clean installation of 10.13.4 with APFS. And I've noticed some weird things:
1. In the latest 10.12 brightness keys were mapped on Fn+(Arrow Up, Arrow Down) keys. But now, they are mapped on Fn+(Insert, Home). It's not a critical, but maybe is there some way to change them?
2. With USBInjectAll.kext I've lost my USB ports. When I plug in something, I see the notification, that my USB device is required power. Now I've deleted USBInjectAll.kext and it all works fine. In problem reporting files were created without USBInjectAll.kext. If you need those files with installed USBInjectAll.kext, just let me know.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• Problem Reporting.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 112
Hi RehabMan.

First of all, I want to thank you for such a great contribution.

I've performed a clean installation of 10.13.4 with APFS. And I've noticed some weird things:
1. In the latest 10.12 brightness keys were mapped on Fn+(Arrow Up, Arrow Down) keys. But now, they are mapped on Fn+(Insert, Home). It's not a critical, but maybe is there some way to change them?
2. With USBInjectAll.kext I've lost my USB ports. When I plug in something, I see the notification, that my USB device is required power. Now I've deleted USBInjectAll.kext and it all works fine. In problem reporting files were created without USBInjectAll.kext. If you need those files with installed USBInjectAll.kext, just let me know.

Thanks again.

Your ACPI configuration is wrong. The guide does not install SSDT-PNLF.aml and therefore you should have never placed it there. Delete it.

I didn't check anything else.

Your ACPI configuration is wrong. The guide does not install SSDT-PNLF.aml and therefore you should have never placed it there. Delete it.

I didn't check anything else.

It seems like it was the reason of both problems.
I've installed SSDT-PNLF.aml because of brightness problems with old pixel clock path. Then I've restored IOKit and installed CoreDisplayFixup.kext, but I forgot to remove SSDT-PNLF.aml.
BTW, I see that CoreGraphicsFixup is the main way to deal with pixel clock checks now.

Thanks for your help.

It seems like it was the reason of both problems.
I've installed SSDT-PNLF.aml because of brightness problems with old pixel clock path. Then I've restored IOKit and installed CoreDisplayFixup.kext, but I forgot to remove SSDT-PNLF.aml.
BTW, I see that CoreGraphicsFixup is the main way to deal with pixel clock checks now.

Thanks for your help.

The SSDT-HACK.aml has SSDT-PNLF.aml built in.
The current guide installs CoreDisplayFixup.kext automatically.
No such thing as CoreGraphicsFixup.

Hi

i have big problem in upgrade my system
i used OXS El capitan 10.11.6 , clover 4359

and other problem my USB not work ,

Code:
/Applications/"Install macOS High Sierra.app"/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --converttoapfs NO
Error: could not get license agreement

Hi

i have big problem in upgrade my system
i used OXS El capitan 10.11.6 , clover 4359

and other problem my USB not work ,

Code:
/Applications/"Install macOS High Sierra.app"/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --converttoapfs NO
Error: could not get license agreement

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

think you
but if you have video for explain how do this reporting ...
I will be thankful to you

think you
but if you have video for explain how do this reporting ...
I will be thankful to you

No video required.
Full information is in the FAQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back