Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi i have the same problem, mi gpu dont work correctly and is imposible use the machine, i want the unlocked bios, can you help me please?

Unlocked BIOS not required.
Read post #1 for details on setting DVMT-prealloc with setup_var.

Hi again, I installed OS X El Capitan, everything just works (with new wifi card), upgrading to High Sierra would be trouble or not?

Hi again, I installed OS X El Capitan, everything just works (with new wifi card), upgrading to High Sierra would be trouble or not?

Read post #1.

You can disable the touchscreen with kernel flag: uia_exclude=HS05

There might be a BIOS option to disable it as well (for Windows).

I did it, touchscreen still connected :(

does the dedicated graphics card such as the 960m in the y50 UHD work in macOS? or does this laptop use Optimus? I just have been seeing conflicting posts and would like a definitive answer. Thanks

does the dedicated graphics card such as the 960m in the y50 UHD work in macOS? or does this laptop use Optimus? I just have been seeing conflicting posts and would like a definitive answer. Thanks

It is Optimus.

Hi, I have this Laptop (i7—4710hq, gtx 860, UHD) but I can’t reach the installer. I followed this guide, set the DVMT prealloc in Glover efi Shell to the suggested value. I’ll upload the Screenshot where I’m stuck in this post. Clover Folder follows. I’m fiddling around with this for three days now.
I suspect it has something to do with the iographics flag 0x43 but didn’t find a solution searching the internet. Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• 6EEC840B-2E1F-4152-B58A-C5393886DC22.jpeg
    6EEC840B-2E1F-4152-B58A-C5393886DC22.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 166
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back