Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes my hackintosh is faster than ever
the 10.10.2+ patch i am talking was removed hours and multiple restarts after i followed the guide and rebuilt the whole clover
i had to remove this patch in my hackintosh skylake pc as well as wifi just refuses to start without it(bluetooth works fine during that time)

The only 10.10.2+ WiFi patch in the config.plist files in the repo is marked for 10.10 and 10.11.
It has no effect on 10.12 if you follow the guide.

If you're using a Clover that does not have the MatchOS feature, then you would expect the behavior you have.
This guide recommends the latest Clover build.

maybe its just in my case but it was worth a mention

It was something else you did, or you're using a really old version of Clover.

Hi All,

I managed to install Sierra on my Y50-70. I have problem with 3 things.
First one is card reader. I did see on first page that its not working but wanted to check if someone found solution or know if I can use USB card reader?
Second is 860M graphics card. Can I make it work?
Last problem is I get display stuck with random color lines after I pull out my HDMI cable.

Thanks for help.

Hi All,

I managed to install Sierra on my Y50-70. I have problem with 3 things.
First one is card reader. I did see on first page that its not working but wanted to check if someone found solution or know if I can use USB card reader?

You might try the driver mentioned in the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Second is 860M graphics card. Can I make it work?

No. Read the FAQ.

Last problem is I get display stuck with random color lines after I pull out my HDMI cable.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".
Attach photo *and* screen capture.

And please fill out your profile as per FAQ. Before your next reply.

1. Provided your Clover is relatively up-to-date, you should be fine with 10.12.6.
2. There is no requirement to have Windows installed.

Successfully installed a brand new Crucial BX300 480GB SSD & installed OSX as only OS. Was a little bit tricky to get the SSD working, cause it was formatted as MBR. Didn´t notice that for some hours, while trying all kind of things... but after changing to GPT it worked smoothly. Copied the EFI-Partition from the old drive, did all the EFI-stuff, and during Installation also imported all Applications, Documents, Preferences etc from the old drive. No problem.
Only problem: wouldn´t start from the SSD. Solution:
Boot from USB Clover stick >>> Clover boot option. Press space to open submenu. Select the option to remove all entries from bootloader. Then go in to same menu again and select option to add Clover to the bootloader. Reboot without USB stick. Works fine :)

Greetings,
Joe

Successfully installed a brand new Crucial BX300 480GB SSD & installed OSX as only OS. Was a little bit tricky to get the SSD working, cause it was formatted as MBR. Didn´t notice that for some hours, while trying all kind of things... but after changing to GPT it worked smoothly. Copied the EFI-Partition from the old drive, did all the EFI-stuff, and during Installation also imported all Applications, Documents, Preferences etc from the old drive. No problem.
Only problem: wouldn´t start from the SSD. Solution:
Boot from USB Clover stick >>> Clover boot option. Press space to open submenu. Select the option to remove all entries from bootloader. Then go in to same menu again and select option to add Clover to the bootloader. Reboot without USB stick. Works fine :)

Greetings,
Joe

Just discovered a minor problem during using Logic X & an external USB MIDI keyboard: external Bluetooth speakers are lagging. Really annoying. On my old system/hard drive BT didn´t work at all, so I used a BT dongle. Worked perfect. Hit a key, instant sound from the speakers. No lagging.
Now internal BT is working, but lagging bad. About one second between key hit & sound from BT speaker. When I use wired headphones everything is ok. So it must be the BT.
Also can not deactivate BT in the system preferences at all. Option is grayed out in the preferences.
Any way to deactivate the internal BT and use the dongle again?

Successfully installed a brand new Crucial BX300 480GB SSD & installed OSX as only OS. Was a little bit tricky to get the SSD working, cause it was formatted as MBR.

The macOS installer requires GPT.
How did you install to an MBR drive in the first place (keep in mind site rules).

Just discovered a minor problem during using Logic X & an external USB MIDI keyboard: external Bluetooth speakers are lagging. Really annoying. On my old system/hard drive BT didn´t work at all, so I used a BT dongle. Worked perfect. Hit a key, instant sound from the speakers. No lagging.
Now internal BT is working, but lagging bad. About one second between key hit & sound from BT speaker. When I use wired headphones everything is ok. So it must be the BT.
Also can not deactivate BT in the system preferences at all. Option is grayed out in the preferences.
Any way to deactivate the internal BT and use the dongle again?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Also, please fill out your profile as per FAQ. Before your next reply.

Can confirm
High Sierra Dev Beta 9
Everything works properly and faster than sierra

Guys, first of all I'd like to excuse myself if this is the wrong thread for my question - couldn't find a better one since I've used this guide for installation/updates.

So here's the thing, few days ago I played with the security settings and turned on the firewall and FileVault, then after a restart /prompted by the system/ macOS couldn't boot. After loading a white prohibitory symbol is shown on a black background and system hangs there. I've tried booting in safe mode by holding "Shift" while loading and also by pressing cmd+r / option+r while loading with no success. I spent the last two days in browsing the web for solutions and clues with no success. As far as I understood this symbol is shown when the system can't access some system resources while booting.

Does anybody have any suggestions? The only advice I found was to reinstall macOS which I don't want to do for two purposes: Lots of work since I have dual boot with Win 10 and - about an year of work stored in the drive, some of which is not pushed to any repo.

Thanks a lot in advance :)

edit: The machine is Y50-70 FHD from the description. OS: macOS Sierra

Guys, first of all I'd like to excuse myself if this is the wrong thread for my question - couldn't find a better one since I've used this guide for installation/updates.

So here's the thing, few days ago I played with the security settings and turned on the firewall and FileVault, then after a restart /prompted by the system/ macOS couldn't boot. After loading a white prohibitory symbol is shown on a black background and system hangs there. I've tried booting in safe mode by holding "Shift" while loading and also by pressing cmd+r / option+r while loading with no success. I spent the last two days in browsing the web for solutions and clues with no success. As far as I understood this symbol is shown when the system can't access some system resources while booting.

Does anybody have any suggestions? The only advice I found was to reinstall macOS which I don't want to do for two purposes: Lots of work since I have dual boot with Win 10 and - about an year of work stored in the drive, some of which is not pushed to any repo.

Thanks a lot in advance :)

FileVault not supported.
You will probably need to do a fresh install, recover data from backup.

How does the backup work? If I do a fresh install wouldn't it wipe the partition? Plus, afair there was a problem with installing Win10 os first as it screws the filesystem so would I be able to do a fresh macOS install while keeping the Win10 on the other partition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back