Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
these files are from yesterday
you already told me this 1 page ago yesterday
and i removed it
still same result
i need another diagnosis

You need to attach current "Problem Reporting" files.
Please don't waste both of our time with old files.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Note it is also shown in your Clover bootlog (I extracted it from ioreg):
Code:
3:041  0:000  === [ ACPIPatchedAML ] ====================================
3:041  0:000  Sorted
3:041  0:000  Inserting table[0]:SSDT.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Not Found
3:041  0:000  Inserting table[1]:SSDT-HACK.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
3:042  0:000  Inserting table[2]:SSDT-PNLF.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success

You need to attach current "Problem Reporting" files.
Please don't waste both of our time with old files.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Note it is also shown in your Clover bootlog (I extracted it from ioreg):
Code:
3:041  0:000  === [ ACPIPatchedAML ] ====================================
3:041  0:000  Sorted
3:041  0:000  Inserting table[0]:SSDT.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Not Found
3:041  0:000  Inserting table[1]:SSDT-HACK.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
3:042  0:000  Inserting table[2]:SSDT-PNLF.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
here are the fresh ones

Attachments

• output.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 95
here are the fresh ones

Your patchmatic -extract output does not correspond.
Please DO NOT provide old patchmatic output.

Also, you forgot to press F4 and F2 in Clover before collecting EFI/Clover.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.

Note: Your drivers64UEFI is wrong. This guide does not recommend OsxLowMemFix and it is mutually exclusive with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi. And your laptop is not an HP, so I have no idea why you have HPFanReset.efi. Remove both, then do EC reset (HPFanReset.efi does some HP specific things to the EC, which of course, are not appropriate for your laptop).

Your patchmatic -extract output does not correspond.
Please DO NOT provide old patchmatic output.

Also, you forgot to press F4 and F2 in Clover before collecting EFI/Clover.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.

Note: Your drivers64UEFI is wrong. This guide does not recommend OsxLowMemFix and it is mutually exclusive with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi. And your laptop is not an HP, so I have no idea why you have HPFanReset.efi. Remove both, then do EC reset (HPFanReset.efi does some HP specific things to the EC, which of course, are not appropriate for your laptop).
implemented all the fixes you gave
outputs are brand new

Just to recap
after upgrading from 10.12.4 to 10.12.6 and doing the repo update still cant get the brightness slider via buttons or in display settings to work

Attachments

• fresh output.zip
    2 MB · Views: 80
  • Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 1.08.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 1.08.34 AM.png
    45 KB · Views: 70
implemented all the fixes you gave
outputs are brand new

Just to recap
after upgrading from 10.12.4 to 10.12.6 and doing the repo update still cant get the brightness slider via buttons or in display settings to work

patchmatic -extract output is missing.
Please read "Problem Reporting" carefully.

Attachments

• Ashwin’s MacBook Pro (2).acpi
    92.1 KB · Views: 67
  • System DSDT.dsl
    384.2 KB · Views: 80
"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Export is not done via MaciASL. It is done with 'patchmatic -extract' as written in "Problem Reporting".

You did it before, so I'm not sure why you omitted patchmatic output this time.
a fresh install fixed everything

btw the 10.10.2 us patch for wifi fails to turn on the wifi here in canada
once i removed it from config.plist wifi started working again
mentioned this to you few months ago and you said you would remove it but its there in the repo config but i guess you forgot

a fresh install fixed everything

btw the 10.10.2 us patch for wifi fails to turn on the wifi here in canada
once i removed it from config.plist wifi started working again
mentioned this to you few months ago and you said you would remove it but its there in the repo config but i guess you forgot

Your ioreg shows you're running 10.12.6.
The "10.10.2+ 5Ghz US FCC, the-darkvoid" patch is marked with MatchOS=10.10.x,10.11.x.
Therefore does not apply when running 10.12.6. Removing it will have no effect.

10.12.6 requires the 'fcvo' patch, "AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo, 10.12.x (credit the-darkvoid)". It is marked MatchOS=10.12.x.

The set of Airport patches in the repo config files are correct. I did not forget anything.

What caused your WiFi to turn on was a reboot (Clover patches cannot work unless the kext is first in the cache), nothing to do with your edits for config.plist.

Note: MacBookPro11,2 is not recommended by this guide. This guide recommends MacBookPro11,1.

Glad a fresh install fixed your issue. Must have been something you did previously to break things...

Your ioreg shows you're running 10.12.6.
The "10.10.2+ 5Ghz US FCC, the-darkvoid" patch is marked with MatchOS=10.10.x,10.11.x.
Therefore does not apply when running 10.12.6. Removing it will have no effect.

10.12.6 requires the 'fcvo' patch, "AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo, 10.12.x (credit the-darkvoid)". It is marked MatchOS=10.12.x.

The set of Airport patches in the repo config files are correct. I did not forget anything.

What caused your WiFi to turn on was a reboot (Clover patches cannot work unless the kext is first in the cache), nothing to do with your edits for config.plist.

Note: MacBookPro11,2 is not recommended by this guide. This guide recommends MacBookPro11,1.

Glad a fresh install fixed your issue. Must have been something you did previously to break things...
yes my hackintosh is faster than ever
the 10.10.2+ patch i am talking was removed hours and multiple restarts after i followed the guide and rebuilt the whole clover
i had to remove this patch in my hackintosh skylake pc as well as wifi just refuses to start without it(bluetooth works fine during that time)

maybe its just in my case but it was worth a mention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back